Chapter 18

===Heather===

Coming up with a last minute air show is not as easy as Stoick might think. Especially with Snotlout and the twins who have the attention span of a fruit fly, most of the time. We were all in the academy, trying to think of a good plan for the air show. But really, they were all just training. Astrid was doing inverted push ups, Fishlegs was training Meatlug, the twins were fighting again, Snotlout was trying to get Hookfang to pointlessly listen to him, and Hiccuo decided that he would think better doing the salmon ladder. Meanwhile, Aaron, Skylar, Nikolai and I just watched him while waiting for an idea to suddenly come to us.

It was getting pretty boring, to the point where Nikolai is already napping on Leo despite the loud metal clanging from Hiccup doing the salmon ladder. Aaron and Skylar got pretty bored, too. They brought out the Maces and Talons game from Hiccup's house and decided to play.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Toothless and Windshear playing with Phantom and Midnight on the grass. It was pretty adorable, with Phantom and Toothless looking like they were having a little friendly competition to see who can impress Midnight and Windshear.

But then, I heard something amidst the metal clanging in the academy. It sounded like, humming -a guy was humming. I quickly looked at every guy in the room, trying to figure out who it was. It couldn't be Tuffnut and Snotlout, they were both in the middle of an argument. It's also not Fishlegs, he's codling Meatlug with his words again. Nikolai's off the list, too -for obvious reasons. So, it could be Hiccup, Aaron or Skylar.

I tried listening to the humming again, and it can't be from the ones playing Maces and Talons. It's only one voice and the other would have noticed him humming something. That could only mean that..  Hiccup was humming. While doing the salmon ladder?

I closed my eyes and listened carefully, and it actually sounded like Hiccup was humming. And the song was familiar, I just can't remember where I heard it from.

"Born of cold and winter air
And mountain rain combining"

The lyrics suddenly played in my head. Where did I heard this again? It's so familiar.

"This icy force both foul and fair
Has a frozen heart worth mining."

Okay, I'm pretty sure I know this song is from the Northwestern part of Islands. Just, can't remember where.

"So cut through the heart cold and clear
Strike for love and strike for fear
See the beauty sharp and sheer
Split the Ice apart!
And break the frozen heart."

"Hiccup!" I decided to just call his attention, because his humming gave me an idea.

"What is it, love?" He asked, dangling from the top level of the ladder getting ready to repel down.

"I have an idea for our air show." I told him, and somehow it got everyone's attention.

"What is it?" Aaron asked me.

"One Word -Music."

They all looked at me as if I grew two heads.

"We base our entire performance on music -the movements, the timing, the tricks." I elaborated.

"You mean, we dance to music on our dragons while flying?" Astrid asked me to clarify.

"The idea, yes. But, it's more of a beat to banging drums than a melody. We follow a rhythm and match it with our stunts." I told them.

"Kind of like how a drum on a row boat helps it move faster and in one direction -their rows are in sync with the beat of the drum!" Skylar started to get it.

"Exactly. Only, instead of one stunt, it goes along a chain of tricks that help make it flow seamlessly."

"That's a great idea. It makes the airshow more interesting and entertaining instead of just a series of stunts and nothing else." Fishlegs agreed.

"Just, one question. If all of us are flying in the airshow, then who's banging the drum?" Tuffnut asked.

He makes a good point. Stoick did ask all the riders to participate, Aaron, Skylar, Nikolai and I included.

"And, if we're following a beat, shouldn't there be DRUMMERS instead of just one?" He added.

"I concur with that, Brother Nut. If we're gonna be up in the air, how are we supposed to hear it from down here?" Ruffnut agreed.

These two are really surprising this time around. That was a pretty good point, I have to admit.

"Any ideas?" Nikolai asked after a beat.

No one said anything for a while.

"I'll do it." Fishlega spoke up.

And we all looked at him, as if he said something gibberish.

"Look, In our current roster of dragons here, Meatlug is the slowest. An airshow with Night Furies, Monstrous Nightmares, Hideous Zipplebacks, Deadly Nadders and a Razorwhip is gonna be one heck of a show -and a Gronckle would just be a..... buzzkill. Yes, I'll admit it, Snotlout." Fishlegs said, directing the last part to Snotlout, who just held his hands up in surrender, though the hint of a smirk plastered on his face was pretty obvious.

"It's better if Meatlug and I gather a horde of Gronckles to make the beat. Besides, I'll be fulfilling my dream of making a Gronckle Orchestra and perform it on a live audience." He continued.

"Yeah, he really has that dream. I once caught him training Gronckles in the woods to sing, and it sounded like a bunch of racoons being skinned alive." Astrid confirmed.

"Yeah, and Snotlout had nightmares for a week after hearing that sound." Ruffnut added snickering, and I saw Snotlout visibly shiver.

"Are you sure about this, Fishlegs?" Hiccup asked him to be sure.

"I am, Hiccup. Besides, it's gonna be a whole lot easier to train Gronckles to make a beat instead if singing." Fishlegs assured him.

"Yeah, and hopefully some of us will actually hear something pleasant instead of triggering another week's worth of skinned racoons singing in your sleep!" Snotlout exclaimed, glaring at Fishlegs who just looked anywhere but him.

"Okay then, we only have today and tomorrow to pull this off, gang. Let's get started." Hiccup directed, and we all went to work.