Chapter 2

I stood at the back of the Devereux house and stared out at the rows of roses that made a small maze, Mr Devereux told me he got the best people to tend to his garden and he wasn't lying, everything was perfect and green.

Stepping out onto the small cobblestone pathway I followed it down into the garden and stopped to smell a lush red rose, I touched each soft petal gently and smiled, if only Damon and Stefan were here, they'd love it, the land was vast and open, plenty of room for them to play their games.

I hitched up my dress and started walking again only to stop when my eyes hit the familiar figure of Jeffery Devereux who was hunched over a small desk in the middle of the garden, he was signing papers.

His eyes met mine and he jumped slightly "my apologies Mr Devereux I didn't mean to startle you" I said with a curtsy, I'd been living with his family for almost a week and I couldn't bring myself to say his first name to his face.

"Please Miss Salvatore, it is a pleasant sight believe me" he smiled at me and stood from his work "shall we walk?" He offered me his arm and I stepped towards him but stopped when I eyed his work.

"What of your paperwork, I'd hate to pull you away if you are busy, I'm sure I can entertain myself until you are done," I said shyly, he touched my chin and chuckled.

"Miss Salvatore you have not disturbed me, I needed to take a break anyway, that business is boring and you, my dear, are a breath of fresh air" his kiss my hand and slipped it through the crook of his arm while I blushed at his compliment.

"Thank you, Mr Devereux," I said look down at my feet, he pulled me to a stop and touched my chin slightly, tilting my head back is our eyes met, his other hand moved to my waist to hold me still.

"You are so beautiful Alexandra, and I would love it if you called me Jeffery" he leant closer and placed his lips gently on mine and clutched my waist tighter, my hands moved to the front of his shirt and I clutched it tightly as well, a noise escaped from the back of my throat and I pulled away embarrassed, why did I made such a sound, Jeffery chuckled and kissed my cheek "it's okay Alexandra and I apologise for doing that so quickly but I find that I can not control my feelings when you are around" I blushed deeply and shook my head.

"No no, please Mr Deve- Jeffery" I corrected myself when he sent me a slight look "you do not have to apologise, we will be married soon and it is understandable that you would want to..." I paused and blushed again, I cleared my throat and smiled at him "I apologise if I gave you that impression that I did not want to do that" he chuckled and touched my cheek gently.

"I'm glad you came into my life Alexandra" he kissed my cheek again, he was so gentle and kind, how could I get paired with such a lovely man?

_______________________________________

Hey, guys second chapter is up, I hope you all enjoy it and tell me if there are any mistakes or parts that do not make sense and I will change them, I won't get hurt if you tell me, I promise.

Also if you're wondering what Jeffery looks like.... Here he is

 Here he is

~~ Katt xx