Chapter 3

I walked with Jeffery, Océane and Aubin to the market and listen as Océane listed off the things she may need for the ball. It was entertaining to hear how stubborn she was about certain things such as what dress she wanted to wear and what coloured ribbon she wanted in her hair.

"Océane, we have spoken of this, you can not have that dress" Jeffery looked at me for help and I chuckled, pulling Océane to a stop gently.

"Océane, darling, you are much to small to wear a dress like mine, but I am sure with a little luck and hard work we can find a dress that will make mine look like rags" I said squatting down in front of her, I had only been here a few short days but in that time Océane and Aubin, both have called me 'mama' and were treating me as such, it made my heart soar.

"But I would very much like to be like you" she mumbled with a sniffle, she was getting worked up and it made me smile with how much love she had in her heart for me already.

"I know love, but one day you will be able to have your own dresses just like mine" I smiled and touched her chin lightly, making her giggle.

"Alright, mama," she said gripping my hand tightly "may we go looking for dresses papa?" She said to her father, looking up at him at the same time I did, he smiled and nodded gesturing to a small store that had dresses and suits for children.

With a small dress that matched the colour of mine in hand we set off to the ribbon shop, Océane was insistent that she pick out the ribbons for both of us "I apologise" Jeffery said quietly as Aubin and Océane looked and touched every ribbon in the store, looking for the right one "Océane already looks up to you and she is very stubborn" I chuckled and tucked my hand in the crock of his elbow as we stood and waited.

"There is no need to apologise, Jeffery, I am sure I would have been the same as well" I looked to him and smiled sweetly, he chuckled and leant forward to kiss my cheek when we felt someone pull at our clothing, looking down to see Aubin with a handful of ribbon in his hand I chuckled and pulled him into my embrace and stood "are those for me my sweet?" I asked him with a smile.

"Yes, mama" he mumbled holding them so I could see them, for a boy of 4 he was quite intelligent, you could see it in his eyes when he looked at you "do you like them?" Without a seconds hesitation I leant forward and kissed his head gently.

"They are prefect" he giggled and showed Jeffery who smiled in return and touched his sons cheek gently.

~ Stefan's POV ~

I had been following her for days, watching but interacting, once I found out that father sent her here to be married, I wanted so bad to pull her into my embrace and hold her to me and tell her Damon and I were alright. But my control is not what it should be and even now I feel the need to feed burn my throat like acid, I swallowed hard and shook my head, now she was my sister and I would never hurt her. My eyes drifted to the family that she was with and I smiled Allie always did want children and now it seemed she had two.

I watched in amusement as the little girl ran forward and patted a carriage horse, it seems as though someone was following in Allie's footsteps very closely. "You following her as well brother?" I heard Damon ask as he stepped out of the shadows behind me, he wasn't embracing this new life like I was and he was brooding.

"Someone must watch out for her" I said back, I looked at my brother and saw that his cheeks were tinged pink which meant he'd recently fed.

"And that someone is you?" Damon scoffed and shook his head "going to turn her into a monster as well baby brother?" He eyes met mine and I shook my head, Allie seemed happy I couldn't take that away from her.

"No I am just here to watch her and then I will be on my way, as you should be as well, she believes us to be dead so in her life we should stay that way" even if Damon did not agree with me on much anymore he knew this to be right, she deserves happiness, even if it meant not knowing the truth about what happened then night Katherine was taken, with our silent agreement we stood and watched our sister for a while more.