Introduction: Back Home

I feel the crisp air brush against my face, the grass gently glide by my ankles, its just the perfect day to be hanging out with my sister after coming home from college.

   "So what do you wanna do today?"

She looks at me, thinking, questioning. "Umm, how about ice cream first?" Sarah smiles at me, her eyes so big and bright, just hoping I say yes.

   I'm about to say no, but then she gives me the biggest smile I've ever seen... "Ok, let's get ice cream, but only cause it's like 200 degrees out here." We both laugh. I miss time spent with her, it's felt like forever since I've seen her. "Ok go put some shoes on and meet me in the car."

   "Ok!" She runs up the stairs, giggling, and dancing.

I head to the kitchen, to leave a note on the counter for mom and dad...

𝒢𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝒾𝒸𝑒 𝒸𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝒮𝒶𝓇𝒶𝒽,
𝒷𝑒 𝒷𝒶𝒸𝓀 𝒶𝓉 5, 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊.
-𝒱𝑒𝑒.

I grab my keys, head out the door and go to wait in the car for Sarah. She comes out the door, skipping, completely forgetting to shut and lock the door. "Sarah! The door!" She looks back at the door, shuts and locks it, then continues to skip to the car.

"You're silly, you know that?" I laugh.

"I know, it runs in the family," she smiles.

   "So! You're in charge of the music." She jumps in her seat. "But first, seatbelt, cause I'm in charge of you."

   "Ok fine." Her seatbelt clicks and we're off. "So, what music should we listen to?"

"Like I said munch, whatever you want."

"Hmm, okay." She scrolls through all her playlists, and finally picks a song. It's our favorite, the song we've always listened to together since she was a baby. Lady.

"Ooo, good one!" We begin to sing and dance.

"Lady, when you're with me I'm smiling. Give me, woah woah w-all your loveee," Sarah has the biggest smile on her face singing our song, reminds me of when we were in the back of dads car and she could barely even say the lyrics.

She turns the dial down for the music, "Hey, lets get a picture." She laughs and takes her phone out, then goes on snapchat. I make a silly face and so does she. She's so cute when she's happy. "I'm so posting this on Instagram later."

•••••

"Look we're here!" She quickly unbuckles her seatbelt, jars the car door open, and jumps out of the car. "Hey! Wait till I'm parked, that's very dangerous Sarah!"

She laughs, "Sorry, I'm just really excited." I roll my eyes laughing, get out of the car, and lock it. Then we start walking to the Sugar and Cream Café.

"After you..." I open the door for her and she runs in. "Sarah not so fast, there's other people as well" I laugh and run after her. I meet her at the hundred foot line. "Wow this is a long line."

She looks back at me, "Wow you got here quick."

"Oh really now? What about you!?"