Wicked Bitch of the West? [4]

On my way to cleveland, 2 more hours to go, and so far I've had 6 cups of coffee. That's how stressed I am. Becca is that one girl who likes to make everyone feel like shit, only her way goes, so yeah basically to sum it all up... She's a bitch. I like to call her the wicked bitch of the west.

*ring ring ring*

I answer the call... "Hello?"
A high pitch bitchy voice answers... "Omg! Hey little sis!!!"
Ugh, I'm not your fucking little sister! She continues to speak "So I heard you're coming to cleveland!"
"Yeah but only to find-" I stop myself from telling her everything, if I do she'll think I'm an insane person and be even more of a bitch to me... "Yeah I'm coming to see you!" I answer back, trying to sound as happy as can.
"Oh... That's cool!"
"Yeah, well I gu-" she interrupts me.
"Also I'm truly sorry about Sarah..." I hear her start to cry, then she starts again... This time she whimpers, "Listen Vee I really am sorry, I know you miss her and so do I... I really loved that girl... And I know she's in a better place now," she starts to ball, "I-I hope y-you're doing oh-ok..."
When did she become such a softy, she's never this nice... Sarah's death must've really got to her, "Well I'm not the best..." A tears starts to take form in my eye, "it's been really hard lately..." The tear falls down and drop on my inner thigh creating a shiver down my leg.
"Well I'm sure everything will get better..." Her breathe muffles the phone. "Anyways! Let's change the subject, how far are you?"
I wipe my tears away and try to sound happy, "Umm... about 10 minutes away..." My stomach starts to growl and rumble, "Uh, I don't mean to be rude but do you happen to have food made that I can eat?" There's a pause in our conversation.
"Yeah." She laughs, "I'll order some pizza or something... does a normal pepperoni with some sodas sound good?"
"Sounds great!" And for once around her I actually am happy.

                 ••••••••••••

   I arrive at her house after being in traffic for like an hour. I get out of my car and head to the front door... Knock knock... The door quickly opens, "Oh my gosh!!! Vee! How are you?" She braces me into a hug.
   I try to push her away but she won't brake, "I'm great..."

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Thanks for reading this chapter!

~Rachel 💜

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰