7 Years Old [2]

Too scared to look at the note, I get a shiver down my spine. Just the feeling of someone keeping my sister captive, or her faking her death, hurts me. Why?

*Ding*

Kelsey- Hey where are you? You're missing the party...

Me- oh yeah I forgot... sry. don't feel up for it.

Kelsey- Oh that's ok... Next time. See ya tomorrow. Love ya girl, XO

If I told Kelsey what I was up to, would she think I'm crazy? and I don't wanna take any chances. I begin to pace around my room, contemplating on whether or not I should open the note. "Agh! Why do these things always have to happen to me... " I decide to stop yelling, grow a pair and open the note...

CLUE 1: You've had fun times before, but worry no more. Go to the tree where you first scraped your knee...

"This is so stupid." But then I think.

Wait how do they know about my old treehouse when I was 7?

It's worth a try I guess... luckily my family had only lived in one state all my life. Seeing my childhood home again will sure bring back some crazy memories, and that's the last place I would ever think of going... But if it's for Sarah, I have to.

•••

I pull up to the house... It looks different. Most of the trees are gone, as well as the tree house. The house that was once a soft green is now yellow. And there's another addition too. Why would they change such a pretty house... I frown, for a moment, then pull myself together. I walk over to the garage to see if there's any cars, then I look through all the windows... No ones home.

I then run to the backyard to see that the tree that was once there is gone. There used to be such a beautiful willow tree right here in our backyard. It's just as if it never existed. I'm about to turn around and forget about the whole thing, until I see a huge statue in the corner of my eye.

"I scraped my knee when I fell out of the tree..." I think. "It wasn't under the treehouse, it was where I fell," I run over and see an envelope covered in dirt, I grab the note...

BANG
Everything goes black.

•••

"Is she alive?"

"I don't know I'm not a fucking doctor!"

"You don't think I know that!"

"Check her pulse?"

"Wait I think she's waking up!"

I slowly open my eyes. In pain, I squint from the light of the sun. I move my hands around to feel where I am. Grass... Why am I on the ground? I sit up knocking into someone. "Ow!" My eyes jar open to see two people standing in front of me, looked to be husband and wife.

The woman, she is very tall and slender, brown hair and gorgeous blue eyes you could drown in. The man the other hand, he was a handsome guy, bit older than the woman, he has a salt and pepper colored hair, and the greenest eyes I have ever seen.

"I need to find the clue!" I jump up off of the ground, "Ow!" My head starts to get a raging pain. Just keep going, you need to get all the clues. I walk to the statue, pick up the note, and put it in my back pocket. "Well I-I'll be going now..." There's an awkward moment of silence.

    "Are you sure?" Her voice is so calm, just like my moms. It was nice to feel cared for, like everything's going to be okay.

"Yeah, you really hit your head pretty hard..." The man looks at me, worried.

   "Yeah" I awkwardly laugh, "I'm good, I can handle it." They both exchange looks.

"Ok, that's fine, but why were you in our backyard?"

I had to think for a second. I didn't want to tell them, Well... I watched my sister die, she is alive though, so now I'm following clues to find her. Sounds crazy to say right... "Oh I don't know, last thing I remembered, I was taking a walk to my friends, I blacked out somehow and woke up here."

"Ok well... You can get going I guess..." They wave goodbye, and I get in my car.

•••••

I planned on going to the nearest gas station, cause I didn't want them to see me opening the note right in front of them, then asking 'what's that?' and then me telling them the whole story... They'd think I was crazy. So instead... I drive away.