Dont Fall In Love With Him

After school that day, I was walking home.

"Hey." A voice pipes up from behind me.

I spin around, to see Perrie standing behind me.

"Oh hey." I say, giving her a warm smile.

I actually like Perrie a whole lot, and she seemed very friendly and nice.

"Mr. Dave is killing me with all this work." She tells me laughing.

I roll my eyes at her playfully.

"I can help you if you want." I offer.

"Really?" She asks, widening her eyes.

I nod my head, look straight at her. She was so pretty.

"Thank you so much Harry, your so sweet." She gushes.

I smile at her.

We walk down the path together, in silence for a while.

"Hey, can I ask you a question?" She asks me.

My heart starts to beat faster. What did she want to ask me?

"Um yeah." I stutter.

She takes a bit of a deep breath.

"Not to intrude because I don't really know you that well. Except- I sort of do? You're the type of person that makes you feel like you've known them all their life, ya know?" She asks me.

I nod my head.

"Anyways. I wanted to ask you if maybe. Like. Is their anything going on between you and Louis? Because I just get this vibe." She tells me.

"Define something." I ask her, my heart skipping a beat.

"Like more than friends sort of something." She answers me.

Oh god.

"Why would you think that?" I ask her, avoiding answering her question. I had to play it safe for now.

"Are you kidding?" She half way scoffs.

"I don't know if I'm the only one who has notice but. You guys look at each other like." She pauses for a second, looking up at the gray clouds over head.

"Like they are the only person that exists." She whispers.

"You can tell a person by their eyes you know. And I've never seen Louis eyes as full as they are than when he is around you. He may not act like it but-" She starts.

"We're just friends." I cut her off involuntarily. So many thoughts were running through my mind and I could only blurt out that one.

"Louis barely has any real friends. I mean, I used to be very close with him before he started shutting everyone out." She tells me.

"And that's sort of the thing about Louis. He has this weird charm thing that I don't quite understand." She continues.

"Charm thing?" I ask her, eager to learn this new information about Louis.

"Like. He has this weird thing where even if he is the rudest, cockiest, snobbiest person. He can make you fall for him, just like that." She says, snapping her fingers to add emphasis.

"I'm not falling for him." I choke out.

"That's the funny thing about it. You don't realize how hard you've fallen for him until he does some really messed up shit to you and leaves. It happens to everyone. Not me, but I've heard a lot about it. He's actually just and asshole at this point." She tells me.

Her words hurt a bit. It was quite rude of her to say, but we both knew it was true.

"Maybe he just needs someone to heal him." I tell her.

"Maybe. I just don't want to see you get hurt." She says quietly.

"Whatever you do. Just try not to fall too in love with him, he will break you're heart." She warns me.

I take a deep breath. No matter what anyone could say, no one could keep my away from Louis.

"I'll try not to." I tell her, sighing.

It was strange, Perrie was the first person I had told about Louis and I. Except for Gemma, who didn't really count.

"What about Zayn?" I ask her, trying to change the subject.

She laughs.

"What 'about' Zayn?" She asks me.

"Tell me what you see in him." I say seriously.

I don't understand how anyone could see anything in Zayn.

"Well, he's an asshole." She sighs.

"A sweet asshole." She grins.

I could see her eyes lighting up.

"He's not that bad. He just has anger issues. He was quite broken when I first met him. I held him so tight, that most of them have moved back together. He makes me feel special, you know? Actually, he even wrote a song for me once! I love him so much, and I'm a hundred percent sure, he loves me back just as much. Our love is just a bit more dysfunctional then the normal type." She rambles, smiling.

Well I was not quite expecting that.

"I'm happy for you." I tell her.

She smiles at me.

"What was the name of the song?" I ask her.

"Truly, Madly, Deeply." She says.

"He wrote all of it. Just for me. I didn't even know he could sing until then. I sing it with him." She tells me.

So many people at this school could sing! I hadn't even noticed. Maybe Louis was helping me notice what it was like in the real world was like.

He was teaching me how to live.