Chapter 6 The Rest Of The Ships Become Obvious

"Okay!"Linh squealed 

She spun and it landed on...Dex! I was hoping it would be this way, and from the idiotically happy 😊 expression on Linh and Dex's face, I could tell they felt the same way! I looked at Fitz and his turned to me. It seemed as though he had noticed their faces as well. He smirked 😏 at me and I laughed back.  Suddenly, he opened his mind to mine, and I heard a  single thought going through his head: Sophie's cute when she laughs. I gasped! My cheeks turned cherry 🍒  red. She's even cuter when she blushes, wait why is she blushing? This time I almost jumped! Everyone stared at me. 

"You okay?"Biana and Linh asked in unison

"Yeah, I-I'm f-f-f-fine."I replied, my voice trembling.

Fitz was staring straight at me.

Fitz's POV 

I stared at Sophie, a dumbfounded expression on my face. She looked at me. Why had she gasped the first time and almost jumped the second. Had she read my thoughts? No, she wouldn't do something like that. Maybe I got to comfortable and accidentally opened my mind to hers.

"You okay?"I asked her

She gave me an unsure nod, well I guess I'll pull her aside to talk about it later.

Sophie's POV 

They all seemed extremely worried, especially Fitz. Did he know what had happened? Did he guess? Could he hear my thoughts too? Had I accidentally invaded his privacy?

"C'mon guys, let's keep on playing!"I suggested 

"You sure?"Dex asked"You kinda seemed traumatized there."

"What? No-no, I'm-I'm fine.Really. We can all just continue from where we left off!"

"Ok"Everyone said in unison

Then Biana looked at Linh, "Come on, you heard her continue from where you left off!"Biana pushed.

"Okay okay! I get it! Sheesh!"Linh replied as she leaned in towards Dex. Their lips touched only briefly, but after it they were all smiles.

"You're turn!"Linh said to Dex

He didn't say anything or look at anyone while his hesitant hand reached out to turn it. Everybody knew that he wanted to get Linh, and everybody hoped he did. I crossed my fingers as he spun it. Please please please don't land on me!  was the only thought in my mind. Please please please land on Linh. 

The bottle stopped but I didn't want to know who. But as I opened my eyes 👀, I realized I would've much preferred to keep them closed. It had landed on me. As soon as I opened my eyes, Dex leaned in and quickly pecked me. Then, he looked at Keefe and told him to spin it. As Keefe spun it, I decided to keep my eyes on the bottle this time. It slowed... and it stoped. On me. No! Why me? Why always me? Keefe smirked 😏 at me.

"Just admit that you're happy about the outcome!"Keefe said slyly 

"Just admit that you're a blithering idiot!"I retorted

"But you still like me!"Keefe replied as he leaned in to kiss me. As his lips touched mine, I pulled away. I looked at everyone, but once again, Fitz's face stood out, he seemed relieved.

Keefe looked at Fitz," It's your turn!"he exclaimed 

Fitz was hesitant, he seemed not to know wether or not he should spin it. Though, after some time, he crossed his fingers and spun it. For some reason, I found myself crossing mine too. It seemed like Fitz put lots of effort into spinning it, because it spun for some time. It slowed it was going to stop soon. It passed me once, twice, three times, four times, five times, six times,but on the seventh, it stopped, pointing straight at me. It took me a few seconds to acknowledge what had just happened. It landed on me.

Fitz leaned towards me, his lips locking on mine. They were soft, and while this happened, I wished that I could stay like that forevermore. I felt like nothing could harm me, like I was completely safe. After some time, we both pulled back. We looked around, Biana and Linh were fangirling and laughing 😂 like lunatics.Note: dedicated to Conny Whats-your-last-name and Luna Tic. Keefe was smirking 😏 , Tam looked like a mix of happy 😊 and disappointed 🤦‍♂️ , and there was Dex, he seemed slightly confused 😐, like something wrong had just happened but when he noticed I was looking, he put a smile on his face and turned away.

"Now you owe me 60 lusters!"Keefe told Tam. So that was why he was disappointed. I was wondering!

"What type of bet was that?!"I asked

"I new that Fitz would get you but Tam said he wouldn't,  now Tam owes me 60 lusters and there's nothing he can do about it. Everybody saw you two making out!"Keefe said

My cheeks turned tomato red! Making out! What was he talking about! Then again, I had no idea how much time had passed while I was lost in his embrace.

"Whatever, let's  just continue the game, who's turn is it?" I asked

"Yours!" Everyone answered in unison

Oh come on, why had I said that. Maybe then they wouldn't have remembered.

"120 lusters if it land on Fitz!" Biana told everyone

"Deal!"said Keefe 

I gently put my fingers on the bottle and spun it. It had only made 7 turns before it stopped. On Fitz. I gasped 

"120 lusters please!" Biana said as Keefe handed her the money 💰.

I looked at Fitz and he gave me a sad smile. Slowly, I leaned towards Fitz, letting our lips touch. I don't know how long I stayed in that position, I was lost until I heard something. Fitz transmitting to me.

Now are you ready to tell me your secret? He asked

My secret? I was confused 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

The only one you need to tell me for us to become full cognates!He refreshed

How about this, I'll tell you if Dex and Linh are each other's #1 on the matchmaking list. Same for Tam and Biana. I negotiated 

Deal! He said

And I pulled back.

"What should we do now?" I asked.

A/N  Hey guys! Sorry for the random reference in the middle.