Chapter 9

Ava’s POV:

Yesterday after Drew had taken me back to the pack house we just spent the day in our room wrapped in each other’s arms and watching movies while lounging on our bed.

When I woke up this morning I sadly discovered I was alone but found a note lying next to me reading-

Morning Angel, unfortunately some pack business has come up that I need to sort out but as soon as I’m done I’ll come and find you.

-          Love Drew xxxxx

I finished getting ready and made my way downstairs where I found Julie in the kitchen.

“Morning.” I said sweetly.

“Morning Sweetie, how are you?” She asked.

“I’m great thanks.” I said and started daydreaming. The next thing I know was Julie shaking me slightly making me come out of my daze. “Huh oh sorry.” I blushed.

“That’s alright sweetheart, off in the clouds were we?” She laughed.

“Just thinking about...” I trailed off.

“Drew.” She finished for me.

I giggled. “Yeah, do you know when he might be done?” I asked hopefully.

“Sorry sweetheart I don’t. I’m sure he’ll be done soon though because he started pretty early this morning.” She told me.

“Okay thanks anyway.” I said and got up and decided to walk around the house to try and get to know where everything is in the house.

I knew all that was upstairs was bedrooms and bathrooms so I first headed out to the garden to take a look around. I discovered there was an outdoor pool, a basketball court and the garden was massive with a big decking covering a good proportion of it.

Next I headed back inside through the kitchen and passed the dining room. I found the living room which was full of young wolves watching TV and hanging out and next I found a game room which was overflowing with guys and a couple girls.

Finally I ended up in front of a large door; tentatively I pushed it open and peered inside. I saw Drew inside, I quietly slid inside, and he still hadn’t noticed me, too engrossed in his work. I’m surprised he hadn’t smelt me but I continued tip toeing towards him.

As I neared next to him I ran the last couple of steps towards him and jumped onto his lap.

“Hey Babe.” I said.

“Angel, what are you doing here?” He asked.

“I was bored so I decided to explore the pack house and I ended up in front of this door and I wanted to see what was inside. I saw you working and you still hadn’t noticed me so I decided to surprise you plus I missed you.” I explained.

“Sorry Angel, I was trying to finish my pack work as fast as possible.” He told me.”I’m glad you came and found me though.”

I giggled and laid my head on his chest and listened to the steady beat of his heart. “Drew can we um?” I started hesitantly.

“What is it Angel?” Drew asked looking down at me.

“Can we go to my house, I really miss my mum?” I asked quietly.

“Of course you don’t need to ask.” He replied. “I’m finished now anyway so whenever you’re ready we can go.”

“Okay I’m just going to sort my hair and grab my shoes and then we can go.” I answered. I wiggled my way off his lap and placed a soft kiss on his lips before running out of his office and back towards our room.