[Chapter Sixteen - Misunderstanding]

-- P A U L --

The cafeteria must be the most crucial area in all of the institute. Paul knew this because he saw many pupils get kicked out of groups and getting invited into them. The chubby lad was never welcome in groups. The only person who accompanied him was George.

Finding George sitting alone at the last table, Paul sighed; trekking towards the table as he sat adjacent to the quiet boy. George looked up to greet Paul with a smile, then looked back down at his sandwich.

"Hi, G." Paul greeted, sighing. He had no lunch to eat.

George lifted his head up and nodded. "Hiya Paul," he took a chip in his hand and popped it into his mouth. "Where's your lunch?"

  Paul sighed. "It got squished when me dad tried to murder me this morning. Fucking twat is going to pay one of these days."

     George nodded in understanding. He then handed Paul his bag of food. It wasn't much: just a sandwich, apple sauce, brownies and a salad.

"Are ye sure?" Paul asked, looking at his lunch companion for confirmation.

"Yeah." George replied. "I don't want you starving mate."

With that, they ate their lunch in silence.

---

"Hey George?" Paul called to his friend as they were headed towards their next class. George had his head hung low, keeping his eyes to the ground. He didn't like the school hallways; for many bullies punched him in the face, which explains why he kept his face down.

George looked up for a moment to look at Paul. "Yeah?"

Paul sighed. He had to find some answers about his liking towards boys---specifically John.

   "What would you do if you found out I liked someone?" Paul asked nervously. George snorted, tilting his head back in laughter.

   "I'd be happy for you." the shy lad replied. "Who's the lucky lass?" he nudged Paul playfully.

   "Actually. . ." Paul fidgeted his fingers nervously. He had to tell him. He had to tell somebody. "It's a boy."

   George opened his mouth to speak, but then closed it. The only thing that left his lips was one word. "Oh."

    "You don't think I'm gross do ye?" Paul asked. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything."

   George stopped dead in his tracks. He then spread his arms out for Paul to run into. Paul looked at his best mate quizzically, then fell into his embrace.

"I won't judge you." George whispered, patting Paul on the back. "Love who you want to love, that's what matters."

Paul pulled back and smiled. "Thanks Geo."

He was finally accepted. That's all that Paul wanted.

----

--- J O H N ---

Smoke tendrils danced themselves out of the mouth of John Lennon as he waited for the bus to arrive. The day he had was average: he got kicked out of class, had a couple of bathroom blowjobs, and punched someone in the face. It wasn't new. John was a rebel at heart.

    Brakes creaking against the pavement caused the rebellious lad to snap out of his daze from today's events as the double doors opened. John climbed up the brief staircase and sat down next to the chubby lad known as his friend Paul.

   Paul looked to his left and felt his heart skip a beat. "Hi, John."

   John looked through his perifreal vision and saw Paul, trying his best not to blush. He kept his lips in a straight line, though on the inside he was smiling wide---almost as if he had just struck gold.

"Hi." John replied bluntly, his eyes fixated on the seat in front of him.

     "Why did you pull away from me earlier?" the doe-eyed lad asked.

John inhaled a sharp breath. He looked down, then sighed. "I didn't want anyone seeing us holding 'ands."

   "Oh." Paul replied. "I thought it was because you didn't like me." he looked out the window, not noticing John's stare reflecting from the window.

    John brought his hand to Paul's cool, pudgier one and tucked his fingers under Paul's palm. Paul slowly brought his head to the left to view the teddy boy adjacent to him.

    John blushed, his heart skipping a beat at Paul's gaze.

    "I like you, Paul." John finally said. "I like you, okay? And 'm sorry for not holding yer hand earlier."

   Paul smiled. " 's okay." he stroked John's index finger with his thumb.

"I like you too, John."

------

[Author's Note:

OH MY GOD! You all probably hate me for not updating this story in so long! I really do apologize for the lack of updatation. A lot has been going on. I got married three months ago and I barely have time to update.

If you liked this chapter, please let me know what you've thought about it in the comment section.

Vote & comment. I love you all, and I'll try to update soon.

              - Valerie.]