Chapter 8

"What was that?" Ms Wolfe said pulling away breathless.

"Sorry...." That was a good question, what was that? It had been impulsive, it's what had felt right. Her lips were there and mine wanted to be there to.

"I'm not sure sorry" I stuttered.

"Not too many vibes huh?" She said slyly.

"I don't know what came over me, I have to go" I said getting up. Kissing her had felt so good it had been what I needed after that intense surgery. But, I was straight, I always had been, I'd never even looked at a girl that way before, so what was is about Ms Wolfe.

I headed back on to the ward and was relieved to see that Robbie had gone, I don't think I could deal with him right now.

--

"Fancy a drink?" Ms Wolfe said holding up a bottle of wine she'd produced from her desk. It was nearing the end of both our shifts and I was finishing paperwork. Much to my relief the kiss hadn't been mentioned all day and we were both acting like it hadn't happened. 

"Best not" I said. "Early shift tomorrow" I signed another discharge paper and put my pen down rubbing my temples.

"Are you sure, you look like you need it?" I eyed the bottle up. I really could do with a drink.

"Go on then" I smiled. She poured me a glass and handed it over.

"One of these days, we are gonna get caught." She said said taking a mouthful.

"What are they going to do? Fire both of us? I'd like to see them try" I laughed. And she along laughed with me.

"I doubt anyone could get rid of you easily" I nodded in agreement.

"Too right they couldn't. They've tried before and look, I am still here." I laughed finishing my glass.

By the end of our shifts we had finished the already half empty bottle.

"I have more at my place?" she suggested and before I'd had a chance to think about it my mouth had already agreed. 

"Great" She smiled and we both headed down to her car. I didn't even think about my car or how I'd get to work the next day, I just got into Ms Wolfe's Ford. 

Over the course of the evening we drank three bottles between us.

"I'm impressed at your drinking ability." I said. "Most people can't keep up with me"

She smiled. "I'm not most people" 

We shuffled closer together and she turned on the T.V, it was some rubbish film but we were both too drunk to care. Ms Wolfe rested her head on my shoulder and when I looked down she was asleep, I soon fell asleep too because of both my drunk state and the boring film.