iv

ああ、
もしあなたが死を恐れるならば、
今死ぬ
一度死んだ
あなたは再び死ぬことはありません。

Oh young folk-
if you fear death,
die now
Having died once
you won't die again.

-a

BREAKING NEWS : Tokyo, Japan-
AIKO KOBAYASHI, JAILED
OVER FRAUD AND EMBEZZLEMENT

Kai Nohara had the whole of Tokyo dancing at her finger tips.

She had always liked the chaos, the confusion, and the subtle aggression of the business world. It was madness making her the youngest COO of her father's company.

But now, it all seemed to fall off its axis spinning wayward into void.

Satin robe hung loose over her shoulders , wet hair dripping, she looked one last time over the skyscrapers , glistening golden, bathed in sunshine.

The heavens showed no mercy on her.

Foot steps echoed down the hallway of her penthouse , a gentle click switched the flat screen off.

"Kai, i am sorry," his voice was soft and tender, almost affectionate.

Hiroshi Nakamura knew Kai's deepest of secrets and a part of him was afraid watching this girl enveloped in silence too mature for her age, staring at the city although her eyes have been seeming very distant lately.

Kai had always been a girl of a very few words. While the rest of the girls of her age partied and found boys for their time , Kai was managing the records of the company and hosting meetings with the board.

"Why are you apologising , Hiroshi ? It's not your fault." Cold and distant, just what Hiroshi had been afraid of.

"Look Kai-" He placed a hand on Kai's shoulder but she snapped , turning around with enough force to trip him to the marble floor, his pin striped suit deprived of a button.

Kai's eyes were bloodshot. Hiroshi felt his breath quicken at the sight of her black eye and a ripped lip. Her robe was almost off now and he could see the bruises on her bare chest.

Kai kneeled on one of her knee so she was eye to eye with him.

Hiroshi's eyes softened, he cupped her face and caressed her cheek with his thumb , " what have you done this time ?"

"You know how i feel about liar's, right ?"

He gulped , Kai was never this painfully calm , not unless she had done something she really shouldn't have.

He pulled back his palm from her cheek and distanced himself from her.

"I-i don't know what you're talking about."

"You knew about this didn't you?" She picked up the remote from the glass table and switched on the television where the news of her mother's arrest was broadcast.

Kai looked almost cynical , she could kill him right there if he lied and no one would know, forget about finding the body.

Hiroshi nodded and as if on cue Kai gave in to emotion , tears rolled down her pale cheeks. She folded her knees together while Hiroshi kissed her temple, holding her in his arms and she cried , not overwhelmingly, but like an animal left in the wild to die.