The Past Revealed

A/N- Please vote, comment, and share this story!!!!!! It would mean a lot. I encourage you to point out any grammar/punctuation errors. I do not own One Piece!!!!!! I hope you enjoy it!!!!! Please follow me!!

Warning: This chapter deals with suicidal thoughts and attempted suicide. Please don't read if you're not comfortable with that!!!!!

It's been three days since Law discovered that I had nightmares. That day he restored just a tiny bit of my trust in men, but it wasn't a lot. For the past three days, I've just been hanging around the sub and let my injuries heal. 

There's nothing to do on this hunk of metal! I could talk to Law's crew, but if I'm only going to leave, I don't want to get attached. Law's always busy reading medical books or taking care of someone. The only time I really see him is a night.

Speaking of, my nightmares have only gotten worse. I haven't really been able to sleep. When I do, I only end up waking in the middle of a night. Law's probably annoyed with me. I always wake him up and he has to hug me and tell me that I'm not there anymore, that I'm safe. He doesn't even know what happened!

I just had another nightmare. This one was not like the others. This time it was not just a replay of what happened. This time I was part of Law's crew and I looked happy. Penguin, Shachi, Bepo, Law, and I were about to play cards when we were attacked by none other than the Kid Pirates. The battle was a tough one and in the end, Kid won. Law was severely injured, as well as everyone else in the crew and Kid kidnapped (XD) me. They came after me, but by the time they got there it was too late. Kid had used me until I died. The look on Law's face...

Luckily, for once, I hadn't woken up Law, but my sobs were getting louder by the second. I had to get out of there before I woke him up. I slowly climbed out of the bed and went up to the deck, careful not to wake anybody else as well.

I stood at the front of the sub, sobs tearing from my body. I was shaking, but not from the cold night. I was shaking because I was scared. I was scared that Kid would find me again. I was scared that I would be used again. I hated how weak I was. I couldn't stop them from what they wanted to do. I couldn't do anything. I was too far gone for even the twinkling stars and moon to help. Not even the ocean...

The...ocean...?

Suddenly, my cries stopped and I stopped shaking.

I could end this. I could end this pain right now. With my devil fruit, if I jumped into the water, I would sink like a rock. I'd never have to worry about it again. It would all be over. 

Before I even realized it, I was grabbing the railing and lifting myself over.

I hate that I'm this weak. I can't even deal with this pain. I'm such a coward. I'm no pirate. I'm not needed here.

I was lifting my first leg over the railing when two strong arms wrapped around me from behind and pulled me back. As we fell onto the deck my cries came back full force.

Not even looking at the person now below me, I pushed my head into their chest and wrapped my arms around them as tightly as I could. In response, their arms tightened around me.

"Zoe-ya..."

Wh-what was I about to do? Why? Why would I do that?

I was shaking in Law's arms. I felt like I couldn't breathe. I couldn't control anything.

Law stood up, dragging me along with him and picked me up. I was still hugging him tightly, my cries so loud that they were more like screams.

"Room. Shambles."