Trust and Regret

A/N- Please vote, comment, and share this story!!!!!! It would mean a lot. I encourage you to point out any grammar/punctuation errors. I do not own One Piece!!!!! I hope you enjoy it!!!!! Please follow me!!

Recap: I gave everyone a small bow and jumped off of the sub onto the beach, without a warning or a goodbye.

Not looking back, I ran towards the town, following the brick path. I didn't stop till I got there.

When I reached the town's edge, I decided that it would be best to find an inn to stay at for the night. I could decide what to do next later. I found a nice inn with several cheap rooms. I rented one, using the berries I found, and put my bag in the room.

The room reminded me of my childhood home. The floors were wooden as well as the walls. There was a large bed with white blankets in the middle of the room. On one side of the bed there was a dresser, on the other side there was a table with a lamp. There was also a door that led to a bathroom. It was strangely similar to Law's room, but more homey. There were pictures of flowers on the walls and there was a window with a nice view of the ocean. Overall, it felt like someone actually lived here and, for some reason, it comforted me.

Once I was settled, I left the inn to look around. The townspeople were all very friendly. They all smiled and waved as I walked past. The town itself looked like every other town I've been to. Shops lined the main street and houses lined all of the other streets. Along with the shops, there was a small market selling fruits, vegetables, meats, and other things. As I walked through, everyone continued to wave at me. I guess they don't get many visitors. The town is also located on the side of a hill so it's all sloped. 

I was walking back to the Inn when I came across a book store that I didn't see before. I needed something to do, so I went in to try and find a book that I would like. I looked at almost the entire store before I turned into another aisle and saw Law looking at medical books.

My heart stopped and my breathing increased. I felt a wave of regret come over me, but I quickly pushed it away and slowly walked away. His back was to me, so he couldn't see me.

Once I made it to the door, I ran in a random direction to the woods. Of course they would explore the island and shops. I should've just stayed in my room at the Inn! I'm so stupid!

Knowing I'll end up running into someone else if I go back to town, I explore the forest for a couple of hours. It's just like every other forest I've seen, just like the town. Green trees, flowers, bugs, and the occasional animal. Nothing I haven't seen, but it fills me with joy and sadness at the same time. I loved being outside, especially after being locked in a room for a year.

However, the realization that I could have this every day with the Heart Pirates has me drowning in regret.

The sun has already set and the moon is shining brightly by the time I get back to the town. From my spot on to of the hill the town rests on, I can see the beach. I have a perfect view of the sub and it's like they're having a party. They look like they're having so much fun. The sub is even decorated in lights. I sigh, feeling my eyes sting from the fresh tears falling down my cheeks and make my way back to the Inn.

When I reach my room, I collapse on the bed, finally letting out my tears full force. I grabbed a pillow and held it close to my body. 

Th-this pillow...could be Law...

My tears roll down my face at a faster pace at the thought.

I could be laying in bed with him, listening to his breathing gradually slow down as he falls asleep with me in his arms.