24: My Boyfriend the Pervert

"Which song should we use for our montage?" Nicole asks, flopping back onto Stacy's bed.

It's almost six on Saturday evening. Tyler and I just arrived at Stacy's and somehow were bamboozled into wearing face masks and eating pineapple chunks before we really got ready. Though it's a strange situation, I'm feeling too excited to question it.

Stacy bounces into her bathroom to see if her mask is ready to be washed off. "Vogue?"

Tyler looks offended. "By who, Madonna? Why would we torture ourselves like that?" He shakes his head firmly and resumes shaping his eyebrows. "We should be listening to Barbra Streisand,"

"So we can cry before we leave?" Nicole asks.

"My skin always looks great after I cry," Stacy vouches. "I'm really in the mood for some Streisand."

"Is that why you never get pimples, Kenny? Because you're crying all the time?"

I roll my eyes but smile. "Yeah, it's all due to the fact that I cry myself to sleep every night thinking about the soul crushing fear I have of my future." I tell them. They gently ignore me.

"I'm washing this off now," Stacy hollers. "It's gone dry,"

"Play Streisand right now," Tyler demands. Nicole rolls her eyes and opens up her laptop, searching up Barbra Streisand on YouTube. The beginning chords of The Way We Were starts up and he starts humming along, really feeling it.

I'm more apathetic towards the song. "I'm not feeling this,"

Stacy comes out of her bathroom, fresh faced and glowing. "Ty, you've gotta get out of here, I'm going to strip and I doubt you'd wanna see that,"

He looks lost. "Where am I going to go?"

"Guest room, three doors to the left. Take your tux with you,"

"Okay." Tyler stands up, still looking lost. "Well... since none of you want me here... I guess I'm just gonna... go,"

"Bye," Nicole says whimsically.

He wanders to the door and looks back at the three of us, a forlorn expression on his face. When we don't do anything, he leaves the room, sniffling a little bit.

"I feel bad," Stacy says and unzips her dress from the bag.

Nicole snorts. "I'd feel bad if he hadn't put a worm in my dress during the eighth grade Sadie Hawkins dance."

"I remember that," I chuckle. She glares at me. "What? You're the one who asked him to go with you,"

Stacy gasps. "You went to the dance with Tyler?"

"Yeah? It was the only way I could somehow get Kennedy to go with Dante. We made it a group date thing and they literally spent the whole night together," She says and pats her face.

"You went on a date with him?" Stacy asks, taking off her tank top.

"I mean, kind of? We talked about basketball," I reminisce. "We used to be such sports nerds together, it was pretty much the only thing I could talk to him about because we were so awkward around each other,"

"Basketball. Is that what y'all were so heated about when Tracy and I came over?" Nicole stands up, ready to wash off her mask.

"He liked the Knicks and I hate them," I roll over and steal her laptop, ready to change the song. "I wonder if he still likes them, he pinky promised he'd show me they were the best team but never did,"