27: Nurse Kennedy

I spend Friday evening looking through prom pictures with Tyler and Stacy. Jackie went to sleep at around eight after we watched Toy Story 3 and he comforted me about the ending.

Mental Note: I need to get my tears in gear before college. At this rate I'll be crying whenever the food I order comes early.

"Look at my dress on the aerial view!" Stacy says, squealing. It's almost eleven thirty but we've been staring at her dress from the aerial view for twenty minutes. It's even her Facebook header.

"I look like Sonny Corleone..." Tyler zooms in on his head and I totally see the resemblance. It's uncanny and slightly scary. "I'm really due for a haircut."

"We look like one of those mafia couples, Ty!" Stacy holds onto his hand, her eyes sparkling.

I can't tell whether or not the two of them have been flirting all night but I wish they'd stop it. Earlier, he let her paint his fingernails blue green because they matched her eyes and he gave her one of his shirts because she purposely spilled water on hers. Now I feel like I'm third wheeling on a date.

"Oh my God, Stace, we have to match for graduation!" They intertwine both their hands together and a part of me dies. "I was going to wear my dark – come up to my room, let's go outfit hunting!"

"Okay!"

Still holding hands, the two of them skip out of my room and rush to Tyler's room across the landing. I hear them start talking about matching colours and decide that I miss my boyfriend.

Dante called me a few hours ago telling me he was going to his party and then he sent me a few pictures of himself with his boys. I'm glad he's having fun but if Tyler and Stacy are going to play couple and Nicole is finding herself a new boyfriend then I need to spend all the time in the world with him.

Stacy comes down about ten minutes later with Tyler and they're talking intensely about their outfit. I'm slightly jealous but then my phone rings and it's Dante.

"Hello?"

"Baby, can you pick me up?" He asks promptly. "I wanna go home,"

I put my legs up on my bed, a little surprised. "Didn't you drive there yourself? I don't understand."

He makes this wail sound. Tyler and Stacy have set down on my floor and are still talking about their outfits but they're taking notice of me too. "I drank three beers, Slugger. I'm not driving,"

"You drank?"

"Kennedy I'm at a party celebrating the end of high school, of course I did. Can you come?"

"Um... okay? I'll... what's the address?"

He gives me the address and I type it out, wondering how I'm even gonna get there. Luckily for me, it turns out the party is on Stacy's street so I ask her if she can drive me down when she leaves.

Stacy's hesitant to leave, especially when Tyler volunteers to stay home with Jackie but then drives us down anyway. The party is in full swing and the street is practically thumping due to the loud music.

"Call me if you need anything," Stacy says as she drops me off in front of the house. I give her a thumbs up and a wave before calling Dante.

"Kennedy, I miss you." He wails. I sigh.

"I'm coming inside now, where are you?" He doesn't reply for a while. "Dante? You there?"

"I'm in a room, Kennedy."

I step inside the house and I'm immediately given an unopened bottle of something. I hand it to a girl who cries and tells me that it's the best gift she's ever gotten. I just smile at her and she stumbles away.