Beginning the challenges

Okay, welcome to chapter 17. When did I make so many chapters! 17 is a lot. But I was going through me previous chapters and realised I made a huge error. I was going through the school days that I have written and I realised I haven't included any weekends so I have written too many days of them going to school in a row so it's not accurate.

I'm really sorry. From now on I'll pay attention and not just write school days for this story. I'll finish this event first then pay closer attention to details. I'm really, really sorry, I'm still new to writing so I knew I was going to make mistakes in my story but I didn't want to make such a big one. I'm really annoyed and frustrated with myself right now, but there is no way I'm going to stop writing this. So don't worry.

Sorry for the gap between chapter updates, I made this chapter longer than usual. Anyway on with the singing competition.

Kanzaki did not want to be participating in this event, she smiled as she always did and hid her discomfort. Kayano noticed this and felt sorry for Kanzaki, 'the main building students just want to see one of the pretty girls of class E sing.' Slowly the people in the front of the line finished their turn one by one, and one by one Kanzaki got more and more nervous.

Nagisa, Karma and Sugino were sitting together in the audience, Sugino was having trouble hiding his bloodlust, "Why did they have to pick Kanzaki? Can't they see she doesn't want to?!"

"Are you really expecting them to care?" Karma said through gritted teeth.

"I'm not looking forward to these next couple of days."Nagisa sighed.

Sugino anxiously watched as the people singing slowly made its way done to the end of the line where Kanzaki and Kayano were. He clenched his fists as the person before Kanzaki started her turn.

Kanzaki glanced to her right the person had almost finished her turn and then it would be her own turn. She gulped, she was still smiling though so she wouldn't let anybody else see that she was worried. The girl finished her turn and it was now Kanzaki's turn, she started to sing her part. She got an easy part but her voice was still really soft. Kanzaki stared into the distance as she sang she didn't want to lock eyes with anyone and see their faces of amusement.

If she had looked at the audience she would have seen everyone from the main building watching her with interest. Even though she was in E class, the other students still thought she was beautiful and that was why she had been nominated. Her turn ended and the people in the audience were disappointed, Kanzaki's voice was lovely and they enjoyed listening to it even if it was soft.

Kayano started her turn, she got the ending of the song so she got quite a boring part. She did it perfectly though, she sang fluently and everyone in the audience could hear her. She was smiling as she sang. The E class students watching smiled as she sang, Kayano was very proud of her singing voice and loved singing for her friends. Kayano finished the song and the audience (except for class E) was speechless. Everyone in the line bowed and went back to their seats.

The principal announced that Kaede Kayano and some other A class student had tied as winners. Kayano sat next to Kanzaki and smiled at her, "You did great Kanzaki."

Kanzaki lightly hugged Kayano, "Thank you, I was really nervous. Congratulations on winning."

Kayano grinned, "I'll teach the main building students that we are best!"

The principal came back out to announce the next challenge, "The next challenge will be drawing. Can all contestants please come out to the court." Sugaya got up and left the audience stands to compete. "For this challenge, there was no nominations for class E."