1. Pilot

High school has a tendency to be a diverse combination of happiness and bullshit. There are classes to be passed, sports to be played, awards to be won, and announcements to be recorded. And almost every campus can relate to the absolute cringe worthy announcements they're forced to view on a daily basis. Luckily, for Chino Hills their principal Mrs. Brenes actually cares about the sometimes reasonable opinions and the students of Chino Hills.

"Maybe we should spice up the morning announcements a bit for example, we could include specials on student-athletes..." Mrs. Brenes suggested to the classroom filled with students that obviously had better things to do. They didn't show any interest in her suggestion until she added "Student-athletes like LaMelo and LiAngelo Ball."

Girls screamed, gays purred, lesbians became bisexual, simply because of the sound of his name. LaMelo Ball. He was sometimes considered off limits by the shy chicks that quietly bit their lips while they fantasized about his two-tone hair caressing their sweaty shaking palms. He was a soulmate waiting to be claimed by the women who weren't afraid of the negative side effects of a drug called love.

"LaMelo doesn't have a girlfriend, right?" A student asked no one in particular. "I mean, yeah, he scored ninety-two points for Lexi Anderson but that doesn't mean that they're...an item...or anything." She received looks of confusion secretly filled with hope in what she said.

Feeling a bit out of place and off topic Mrs. Brenes rejoined the discussion. "It seems many of you have developed sort of a liking towards LaMelo Ball," she looked around at the fluttering eyes and blushing cheeks, "so it would make the most sense to feature him first." Students cheered with pleasure as the jealous ones practiced their right to be silent.

"However," a sigh stirred within the plain atmosphere, "LaMelo will have to be featured with someone else. Preferably a girl...and someone in a sport that's not extremely popular."

"How about soccer then?" Heads twitched towards the man wearing a Messi jersey that spoke.

"What a horrible idea." A girl complained.

"Soccer isn't a popular sport in America. Everyone is too busy with football and basketball and baseball." He explained. "For once in my lifetime, can the most popular sport in the world get some recognition in this country?"

"It already" The girl was silenced by Mrs. Brenes before she could protest.

The principal approved the idea, then asked who would feature with LaMelo. It had to be someone unknown yet noticeable. A girl with ignored talent that deserved more. "Ashley Gonzales would be a good match with LaMelo, don't you think?"

"She's already hyped up more than the Unicorn Frappuccino from Starbucks." He pushed the idea to the side. He knew who would be perfect with LaMelo. "There's this gal I've seen recently...She's on the varsity soccer team and one of the best there, but they never play her."

"Who is she? What's her name?"

He takes a deep breath knowing members from the varsity soccer team are watching him closer than a hawk. "Kalani Grey."

"Oh fuck no!" A student groaned.
*****
Kalani strolled through the halls like a statue, her El Clásico themed backpack swung lazily across her shoulders as she headed to lunch. Her real friends waited for her in line while her teammates whispered about her at their secluded island of a table. "I heard she's going to be on the announcements for a week with LaMelo Ball." One mumbled.

"What?!" Ashley Gonzales frowned. "I've done my research on the Balls and they have a thing with fit chicks." Her teammates leaned in closer as if on queue. "Lonzo's girlfriend Denise Garcia plays soccer for UC Riverside, number twenty-nine. LiAngelo's girl has a nice body, but other than that she's super regular with extra basic."