Chapter 5

Aidan woke up to the sound of people talking and the smell of bacon cooking. It had been over a month since the week end at Dean's and Aidan had arrived in British Colombia two nights ago. He still felt very jet lagged but decided to see if Bailey was awake. He walked down the unfamiliar hallway of Bailey's childhood home towards the kitchen.

"Morning!" Bailey said, looking as exhausted as he felt. She poured him a cup of coffee.

Aidan yawned in response. "What's the plan for today?" He asked, wondering what could possibly be done so early on a November morning.

" Henry has a hockey game and I promised him I'd go watch. You don't need to come if you don't want to."

"And miss watching my first ever game?" Aidan teased.

"You'll need some warm clothes." Bailey said, walking out of kitchen and into the bedroom directly across. She returned with a thick coat and handed it to Aidan.

Aidan realized that Bailey was right about him needing the coat and was realived when she pulled a pair of mitts out of her bag as they walked into the rink and passed them to him.

"How hard will it be for me to follow this game?" He asked, holding the door open for Bailey.

"Not hard at all! Henry's only five, so there won't be much structure." She smiled that smile he loved.

"Auntie Bailey!" Two children yelled as they ran up to Bailey, hugging her legs. She got down on her knees and hugged them both, each of them giving her big kisses on her cheeks. A dark haired woman joined them followed by an older boy.

"How are you Bronte?" Bailey asked as she hugged the boy.

"I'm well, thanks. Look at you, you're so tan! My god you look so beautiful!" Bronte replied, ignoring Bailey's eye roll.

"This is Aidan, by the way." Bailey said, putting her hand on Aidan's shoulder. "This is my sister Bronte, her son Luca and her daughters Gracie and Lila." She continued gesturing to each of them in turn. Aidan shook Bronte and Luca's hands and waved at the two small girls who waved back shyly.

As Bailey and Bronte caught up Aidan looked at the two of them. They were very similar, they both had the same hazel eyes and they had the same mannerisms. He felt a tugging on his jacket and looked done to see little Lila. He crouched down to the level of the small three year old.

"I can count to twenty!" She said proudly, smiling at him.

"That's awesome." He smiled back, catching Bailey's eye.

"Alright, let's go in the rink!" Bronte said, taking Gracie by the hand. Lila reached up to Aidan.

"Can you carry me?" She asked.

"Lila!" Bronte said, "Sorry, she is not shy at all!" She told Aidan.

"It's all good." Aidan answered, scooping the small girl up.

As they sat in the rink Gracie and Lila both decided that they wanted to sit with Aidan and started to argue.

"How about this," Bailey interrupted sitting beside Aidan. " Lila on my lap and Gracie on Aidan's, that way we can all sit together!" The idea made both the girls happy and they settled comfortably on the laps of the adults.

After the game Bailey and Aidan waited for Henry and Bronte's husband Paul so they could all go out to breakfast. As they waited Bailey slide her hand into his and rested her head against his shoulder.

"Thanks for coming, your keeping me sane." She whispered to him. He squeezed her hand in response. When Henry came out of the dressing room he started babbling quickly to Bailey. Aidan shook hands with Paul and the all headed out of the rink.