Genesis

In the beginning, I couldn’t see how far my choice would stretch into my future. I would’ve never predicted all the twists and turns my life would take, or everything that I would gain and lose.

In the beginning, I was just a kid.

No…I didn’t feel any resentment towards them. It was too late for that. It would’ve been pointless anyway, given how things turned out. Besides, without them, I would be nowhere near the man I was now.

I was looking death in the face. At any other time, avoiding death was the overall goal. But this time…I was determined to take him with me.

Whatever. It. Takes, I thought.

It had only been eight years since my story began, but in those eight years, my story became the stuff of fantasy. They had taken me, and molded me into their ultimate “soldier”. But I didn’t see myself as a soldier.

No…I was more than just some muscle with a gun. They wanted to me think, to be able to make my own decisions at every step. Soldiers had their orders, and that was the end of it. I had my orders, but had mileage to make my own choices in battle. I was more than just a simple soldier.

In the beginning, I was just another person on a planet of around seven billion other persons. I had my human struggles, my victories, and my losses. Nothing too out of the ordinary, however. Even the strangest parts of my life at the time fit in somewhere.

It was after I had reach the symbolic age of ten, when everything had been taken from me in either an act of God or an act of Satan, that the story of my life moved to the shelves of the unreal.

Though I hadn’t held the pen myself much up to this point, it was my story. Others were the authors of the beginning and the middle. I would write the end.

I was born James Reyes Munoz. I became Agent 007 the Second. I would die both.

Whatever waited for me when I was done writing my story….didn’t matter. Finishing it on my terms was enough for me.

No regrets, save one. That she never knew that I could be more to her than the name I was born with, and the name I took.

Hell waited for me. My last wish was that Heaven would wait for her.

“Goodbye, love. How I knew and lost you”, I said, knowing she would never hear it.

He had to know I was here. The time has come.

The end.