1

THE NEW GIRL

Dallas honked the horn of the old Cadillac impatiently

Dallas honked the horn of the old Cadillac impatiently. A tall, athletic looking boy with dark hair burst out the front door, jumping from his porch to the side walk and getting in the car.

"There's such a thing as stairs, you know, Reg," Dallas scoffed.

"Well, good morning to you, too, Sunshine," Reggie teased.

"Don't. It's the first day back at school and I don't want to go," Dallas complained.

"We can just skip," Reggie shrugged. Dallas shot him a harsh look.

"Reginald. We cannot just skip. If we want to get into college and not fail at life, we need to go to school," Dallas explained firmly. Reggie just sighed rolling his eyes.

"Whatever you say, Sunshine," Reggie scoffed.

"Don't call me Sunshine," Dallas snapped.

"You love it," Reggie teased.

"I will throw you out of this car and make you walk to school," Dallas threatened. Reggie threw his hands up in surrender, laughing hysterically.

"Come on, we have to go pick up Moose," Reggie said, patting his hand on the dashboard. Dallas slapped his hand and he quickly withdrew it.

"What the hell?" Reggie asked quickly, rubbing his hand.

"The one rule of me giving you idiots a ride is that you don't get to touch anything but the door handle," Dallas said seriously.

"My butt is touching the seat," Reggie said, smiling mischievously.

"Shut up," Dallas snapped, pulling into Moose's neighborhood.

She had always given the boys a ride to school. It had just sort of happened. Reggie needed a ride one morning and then after that, it just became an everyday thing. She started picking up Moose a couple weeks later, considering that he and Reggie were basically inseparable.

"Moose!" Reggie cheered as he hopped in the backseat. The boys started shouting and cheering in a nonsensical way, already pissing Dallas off before they had even step foot on campus.

"Football players," Dallas scoffed, rolling her eyes as she started driving to school.

"What? Cheerleaders are way more annoying than football players," Moose interjected.

"Yeah, but at least we're hot. That justifies everything," Dallas shrugged, pulling into her parking spot. Moose hopped out of the car, running across the lot to meet up with the rest of the team. Reggie just stood next to the car, standing still.

"You're not going with him?" Dallas scoffed, looking up at Reggie.

"It just feels weird, you know. Jason should be here," Reggie sighed sadly.