3

THE "DATE"

"Well, good morning, Romeo," Dallas teased, walking into the living room

"What time is it?" Reggie groaned, rubbing his temples.

"Time for you to get your hungover butt back to your own house," Dallas quipped, tossing him his keys and a bottle of aspirin.

"I don't remember anything from last night-- god, what happened?" Reggie asked.

"It's probably better if you don't remember. You were saying some really messed up stuff," Dallas sighed, trying to stifle a chuckle.

"Shit-- what did I say?" Reggie asked anxiously.

"Doesn't matter now. Don't worry about it. All you have to know is that I'm putting it in my speech at your wedding," Dallas teased.

"You're officially uninvited to my wedding, Ford," Reggie scoffed, walking out the front door. Not even thirty seconds later, Kevin burst through the front door.

"You had sex!" Kevin cheered, out of breath.

"What?" Dallas scoffed, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Reggie Mantle just did a walk of shame to his car. Let me map out this equation for you. Your house plus Reggie plus you equals sexy favors which is the square root of Reggie's wearing the same clothes as last night," Kevin rambled excitedly.

"Kev, we didn't hook up," Dallas scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"Then why did he sleep over?" Kevin inquired, seeking every last detail.

"He was drunk. His mom's pretty uptight about that kind of stuff, so I told her his phone died and he was staying with Archie," Dallas shrugged.

"You naughty little genius," Kevin sighed happily.

"It wasn't like that," Dallas scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"Whatever you say," Kevin scoffed.

Dallas leaned down, picking her vibrating phone up off of the coffee table.

"Oh my god! Is it him?" Kevin shrieked.

"Uh, yeah," Dallas sighed.

"Hello?" Dallas answered.

"Hey, Dally, I just wanted to thank you again for last night. I, uh, I was wondering if I could take you to Pop's and buy you dinner to make up for it," Reggie suggested. She could feel his nervous energy through the speakers.