2

THE DANCE

"That's the one

"That's the one. That's it. Don't try on anything else," Kevin exclaimed, as Dallas came out of the dressing room. She laughed rolling her eyes as she admired the dress in the mirror.

"You like it?" Dallas asked, chuckling.

"Reggie's pants are going to get real tight real quick," Kevin said excitedly. Dallas's widened her eyes, scoffing loudly.

"I don't want Reggie's pants to get tight. I'd rather someone else's get tight," Dallas argued.

"Whatever you say," Kevin sighed, chuckling.

"So, there are two things I've learned about Dallas Ford in my first day. She's got a thing for dramatic exits and the hottest body in school," Veronica said teasingly as she and Betty walked into the dress shop.

"Whatever," Dallas scoffed, rolling her eyes dramatically.

"She's not kidding. If I weren't gay, I'd totally have sticky pictures of you," Kevin agreed.

"Oh my god, Kev," Dallas scoffed, horrified.

"Who are you going to the dance with, Dallas?" Betty asked politely.

"Ah, I'm going stag. Riverdale boys just don't do it for me," Dallas sighed, chuckling softly.

"I'm sure there's a line of boys waiting to take you to the dance," Betty said, smiling sadly.

"My question is why aren't you taking the tall doofus?" Veronica asked, hands on her hips.

"Reggie? God, no. Reggie-- and the rest of the football team, for that matter-- is a fuckboi," Dallas scoffed.

"You are totally soft on him," Kevin teased.

"I am not soft on Reggie Mantle," Dallas argued.

"Fine. Fine. Whatever," Kevin sighed, laughing.

"Well, even if you go alone, in a dress like that, you definitely won't leave alone," Veronica said, biting her lip to disguise her smile.

"Okay, okay. You girls start trying on dresses. You're River Vixens now. Cheerleaders have to be the hottest ones at the dance-- or the whole social order will fall apart or something. To be honest I can't remember Cheryl's exact words-- I kind of tune her out most of the time," Dallas said, laughing as she shooed the girls into the dressing rooms.