𝚟𝚒𝚒. 𝚏𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚙𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚎

✦✧✦

✦✧✦

     Sleep is good. Sleep is great. Cress loves sleep with her entire being. She thinks it's the most brilliant thing in the world and she wishes she could sleep forever, especially after last night. Had last night went differently, Cress would probably be at the Quidditch pitch, practicing with Cedric and probably — although Cress hates thinking about it — Hamlin. But last night did happen and Cress had went to bed exhausted and stressed and she just doesn't want to get out of bed. Nonetheless, she knows she has to and that if she doesn't she could (potentially) miss all her classes and probably fail all her O.W.L.s before she even takes them. With this in mind, she begrudgingly pushes the covers off of her and stares at the ceiling above her.

Outside, the rain has dispersed but it is still cloudy and depressing and Cress thinks it fits the mood. She pulls herself out of bed with a groan and sees who she assumes might be Mallory Ackerman walk out of the dormitory room. The other girls are still resting peacefully in their beds, unaware that it is probably past seven and they should probably be up by now. Oh well, not Cress's problem (except it should be because they are roommates and she doesn't need them shaving her head whilst she sleeping as revenge for not waking them up and making them late to class).

Cress gets out of bed and her feet drag. She is sluggish and does not want to go out into the real world where Cedric will want to talk to her. She would much rather stay in bed all day, thank you.

She puts on her uniform, half-awake, and ties her hair into a bun but she's pretty sure it's shit because she feels hairs brushing against the back of her neck when she reaches for her bag. Slinging it over her shoulder, she walks out of the door, calling out a, "Wake up, chaps! Time for learning!" before she leaves. Faintly, she hears the girls groan as she walks into the common room.

Entering the Hufflepuff common room is like entering sunshine. It's bright and beautiful and sometimes hurts your eyes. Cress loves it. She loves the soft yellows and dark blacks that decorated the place; loves the various plants laying around here and there — ferns wrap around the room, cacti looks prickly yet magnificent in their potted areas, and the other plants look alive, waving at the students and looking as joyful as a plant can look. Cress is enraptured every time she comes in.

Cress waves to Helga Hufflepuff, who's portrait is set over the mantle, as she walks out of the common room. She smells the delectable scent of food and she almost drools as she heads towards the Great Hall.

Before Cress can actually enter the Hall, Professor Sprout, her Head of House, is in front of her, a disapproving frown on her face. Cress knows what's about to come next. She tries to prepare herself for the lecture of a lifetime.

"Miss Diggory," she says in that voice of hers.

Cress swallows. "Yes, madam?"

Professor Sprout says, "Don't play coy, Miss Diggory. You understand that what happened last night was very disrespectful and I will not tolerate it." Cress nods solemnly, feeling a lot like a scolded child. "To up and leave as the Headmaster is giving a speech! Especially one of such importance! I have never!" She glares at Cress and Cress tries to keep her eyes on the woman instead of looking away from the fierce stare. "What to do with you now? Perhaps detention for the next week will do you some good?"