𝚡𝚒𝚟. 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚋𝚓𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚑 𝚌𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜

✦✧✦

✦✧✦

     "It's fucking Krum," Axel is saying for the umpteenth time since they entered the school behind the Durmstrang students. "I can't believe it's actually him."

    And, yeah, Cress can't either. She thought perhaps the evil man that probably smells like old malt was joking when he beckoned Viktor forward but by Godric he wasn't and Axel and Cedric — Hamlin is still worried about the Beauxbatons, Merlin help him — are not going to ever recover from this. Cress honestly wonders how her life turned out to be like this.

    "I'm going to ask him to sign my forehead," Cedric swoons with hearts in his eyes. Cress can see him trying to track Viktor's head in the madness, standing on his tiptoes (he's tall, but Durmstrang students are wickedly fit, boar cloaks aside) to get some kind of glimpse on the Quidditch player. "Do you think he will? Maybe I can give him my first born."

    Cress snorts, because honestly? His first born? Cedric has really lost all sense of sanity. She figures she'll have to stop him from giving Krum a kidney at the rate things are going.

    Mallory links arms with her and Cress sends her a smile, relieved that there's someone here who knows how to keep a leveled head around pretty boys. Together, they head towards the Hufflepuff table with Axel and Cedric whispering frantically behind them while Hamlin walks up front with a dazed look on his face. Cress sighs out, forlorn and defeated.

    Cress, Mallory, and Axel take seats across from Hamlin and Cedric, facing the doorway. Cress can make out the Durmstrang students hovering over it like they don't know what to do with themselves; she's glad the Beauxbatons kids decided to sit at Ravenclaw because that means that she doesn't have to socialize while having a nervous breakdown. She just hopes Durmstrang follows suit.

    Axel watches, a kind of bitter hint to his posture, as the students from Durmstrang choose the Slytherin table. She doesn't know if its because Viktor sat beside Malfoy (which totally takes him down, like, eighty points because she has standards for her best friend and Krum sitting with Malfoy doesn't meet them) or because he has yet to spot his Bulgarian lover.    

    She asks, "Where's Valko?"

    Axel snorts. "Like I know. 'Lotta good it did me to tell him where to find me, yeah?" He does this little upturn of his lips like he normally does when he's self-deprecating and Cress almost cries.

    She swears on her life that she is going to find this piece of shit male and castrate him. And then she's going to beat him to a pulp just for good measure. (Read: she's going to get Cedric to beat him to a pulp by blackmailing him until he caves which isn't morally acceptable but Cress has to get by somehow.)

    Mallory sniffs and pulls her cloaks and robes around her tightly. She's still shivering. Cress discreetly pulls out her wand and uses the Hot-Air Charm to warm her up a little. Mallory sends her a small grin.