Chapter III ↝ Andrea

And here we go again - yup, that is exactly how I felt in this situation. People just do not get that the name Andrea is not just a male name - it is a unisex name for Christ sake. Sure, there is a notably larger amount of famous male people named Andrea - like for example, Andrea Pirlo - but I am sure, you can think of a couple of female Andreas too. Just look at... Or Andrea what is her surname again - you know who I am talking about, right? Who am I kidding? Even I can not think of any female celebrity Andrea who can help me out here and build up my case - but I have heard that it is a name entirely for women in some countries in Scandinavia, so there must be someone. But right now, that will not help me convince approximately 22 professional footballers that I actually am not a guy nor that my parents just badly wanted a boy but got me instead, so they chose to stick with the name just to keep the dream alive. The last one, I am not fully sure about - I have never asked them about it but I possibly will someday.

"Hey Andrea, wait up," an over tattooed, black-haired guy with a quiet unique accent who I recognize as being the former Barca player, Dani Alves, came running up to me after practice. "Can I ask you something real quick?"

I nodded, "sure, unless it has anything to do with my name at all." He looked at me and laughed.

"Nah, do not worry. All they can think about now is how one of them could potentially manage to hook up with you, so watch out," Dani smirked, and I became slightly frightened. "I am joking - man, you should have seen your own face. No, what I actually wanted to ask you was, since you are new in town and all if you wanted to join me, the team and our wives and girlfriends for dinner downtown tonight? We just want to get to know you a bit and make sure that you are not some kind of psychopath."

"Me? A psychopath? That is some way of asking me out on your team's behalf. Maybe they should have considered sending someone else instead," I laughed and was not actually certain if I should join them for dinner or not.

"Take it from someone who has been married to a woman before - the cute ones always turn out to be psycho in some way. But seriously, do you want to come with us; I can give you the address?" Dani asked me with big and begging puppy eyes.

"Why not then?" I said, sighed just a tiny bit, and received a high-five from Alves. Even though I had always been told that you should not mix your personal life with business I really did want to meet some new people. Turin is so big and I have not really had the opportunity to do it yet - and who says no to dinner with some of the best footballers in the world?

"I will text you the address and see you at eight o'clock then. I promise you will not regret it," Dani told me very enthusiastically before he walked away again. I hope that I will not regret it, but it surely was going to be interesting - you just never know what rich and childish football players might think of. 

//

Short and crappy chapter, my apologies, but I promised to update, so here it is. Thank you all so much for reading, I will make sure to post again in a few days or at least during next week. Btw, shout out to kafali123 for being so kind - I hope your exam went well!