Chapter VII ↝ Andrea

"It was really nice of you to drive me home, Paulo - you truly did not have to do that," I said and smiled at the handsome man sitting next to me in the car. Wait. Handsome? Did I just say that out loud? Oh, never mind, luckily it was just my thoughts running wild, but as a side note - he was handsome, like really handsome.

"No problem at all, Andrea. I know the guys would have killed me if I told them that I had left you all alone in the city," he grin.

"And... why would they do that?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"First of all, my father once told me before he passed that it is never acceptable for any man what so ever just to leave a woman. And secondly, our team finally got a new member of the staff, a new assistant coach actually, who is not a grey-haired man in his fifties for a change - which is remarkable in itself. But besides that, this new addition to the team also happens to be extremely gorgeous, so if I was ever to be guilty of causing you any harm, I would be dead - sooo dead," Paulo said and laughed at his own comment.

"You think I am gorgeous?" Paulo's cheeks turned slightly red when I asked him.

"Well eh, yeah, I do. But you know you are, so I do not think it comes as a shock to you that every guy on the team agrees with me," he chuckled a bit embarrassed.

"You are very sweet, Paulo. Thank you. And if I may ask, did you mention that your father passed away?" I questioned him.

"Yes, you heard correctly. He passed away from cancer in 2008, but he was such a wise man and  I could never have asked for a better or more supporting father than him. I just wish he would have seen me accomplish his and my own dream of becoming a professional footballer," Paulo spoke and smiled imperceptibly.

"I am very sorry for your loss, but I am sure he must be very proud of you watching you from heaven," I said and put my hand on his thigh and caressed it lightly. It felt natural to do so and I assume Paulo did not think much of it either since he just put his hand on top of mine and squeezed a tad.

"I hope you are right," he replied.

--

For the rest of the fifteen-minute car ride to my new apartment, we spoke and laughed at everything under the sun and I felt very comfortable in his company. He stopped the car in front of my apartment building and we both got out of the car. I made my way to Paulo who was now standing in front of the entrance and pulled him into a hug. For a not so short moment, we stood there and embraced one another until I finally spoke: "Are you sure, you do not want to come up for a drink or anything similar so I can make it up for your kindness of driving me home?"

"No thank you, and you do not have to make it up for me. It is not that I do not want to, it is just getting late and we have practice tomorrow, remember, and I actually wish to make a good impression on our new assistant coach so she will not bench me in our upcoming game on the weekend," he laughed and winked at me.

"I think it might be slightly too late for that, but fair enough, I will see you tomorrow, Mr Dybala."

"I told you not to call me that, Andrea," Paulo laughed and tried to seem very angry pointing with his index finger at me as I opened the door.

"Too bad that I am your boss, right?" I said and grin.

"Yeah, boss - remember who just asked who up in their apartment for a drink," he blinked at me and got into the front seat of his car again. "I will see you thank you for the talk.

Paulo drove off as I entered the elevator smiling - maybe my new life in Turin was not going to be as bad after all. The elevator door dinged and I walked into the kitchen and turned the light on. My apartment was still full of moving boxes and did not really feel like home yet despite the fact that I was actually very fond of this place - it was open, light and with modern elements but still had the patina and charm of the somewhat dated building. I poured myself a glass of water and walked out on the balcony of the bedroom. For a Thursday night, the city was not as quiet as I would have thought. But notwithstanding the distant noise from the streets, it was still very calming to let the breeze hit the bare skin of my legs and face and just relax.

--

The next morning I woke and went off for practice. Allegri and I went over some of the preparations for the first game of the season, and you could say that I was somewhat excited, but who would not be? This Sunday we were going to play Fiorentina and I simply could not wait to get my debut as assistant coach for Juventus. Wow, that sentence - pure excitement.

//

Hey, you lovely readers - thank you for keeping up with my story! I would really like to get to "know you" guys so please message me anything or comment if you have some of your own stories you would like me to read! Because really, I love to read anything about hot guys and hot guys who play football in particular, so please leave your suggestions for this, the story or any questions you may have. In the next chapter the real deal, if you can say so, between Andrea and Paulo will begin, so stay tuned <3