Chapter 10

A/N: So, I'm back from my trip to London (Didn't see Dan and Phil unfortunately) so here is the next chapter. I wrote half of this on my phone in the back of the car on the way home so sorry if there are any mistakes (Also yeah I uploaded this originally but only with the first half, whoops) 

Wedding bells were ringing all through the city, even managing to penetrate the thick walls of the castle dungeon. Dan sat huddled in the corner of his damp cell, tears rolling down his face. He couldn't believe it. When he arrived, the guards told him everything, who Phil was and where he had been taken. It was odd for them to tell a suspected spy all the details from inside the palace, they were clearly under the impression that he wasn't ever getting out. His cell was right next to the guard room so he could hear all the gossip that went around the castle. In the week, he had been here he had already gotten sick of hearing the endless complaining of Fletcher about his wife. Really that man needs to get a grip and sort out his relationship issues.

He did also however learn things that he would rather not. Like the guards boasting about all the foul things they would like to do to the royal family of Serultria, completely unaware that one of their members was listening in on their conversation. In all honesty, Dan couldn't care less as to what they did to him, at least it would mean being taken out of this dingy cell, either alive or dead. He wondered what the castle looked like on the outside, from what he could tell it was quite big. He didn't quite know how far the dungeons went on for, nor did he know how many people were being kept here but it was always oddly quiet. It could because of the walls but the sound of bells still seeped through. He clamped his hands over his ears in an effort to block out the chiming, the constant reminder of what was happening.

Phil had been awake not five days and already he was getting married, to a woman no less. He supposed that as prince he had the same duties to perform as Dan but even that thought couldn't dull the ache in his chest. Yes, their arrangement had been rather hasty affaire but Dan had sort of been looking forward to it. Phil had always seemed so sweet and kind he couldn't believe he was such a liar. How could such a seemingly lovely person belong to such an awful family. Yes, it was true that Phil had the same duties as Dan did, marrying a nice eligible woman included, but Dan was still a prince and as of tomorrow Phil would be a king. Couldn't he have just waited a little longer before he got married, maybe then he could change the rules, although getting married to a suspected Serultrian spy probably wasn't going to go down well with the royal household.

Dan sighed and leant back against the grey walls of his cell. The icy stone was freezing against his back and his thin summer clothes were doing little to protect him. He wished he'd never left the palace at all, his lovely warm palace with his lovely warm library and his lovely warm bed. No instead he had got himself into a right mess and now he was stuck in a cold, grey dungeon pining for the leader of his greatest enemy. It sounded like a plot from some great Shakespearean tragedy. He wondered what Louise was thinking, she was probably worried sick. Then again, he had been missing for just over three weeks, he was probably assumed dead by now. He would get one hell of a telling off when he got home, if he got home. That assumption had a scarily high likelihood of be made correct in the near future.

Suddenly the heavy door of his cell sung open with a crash and a rather grumpy guard stomped in. Dan let out a squeak of surprise and scrambled to his feet. The guard let out impatient sigh.

"Now for some stupid reason the lady, soon to be Queen, Orthia wants you present at the wedding between herself and Prince Phillip. Why she wants you there I have no idea, especially after your little escapade with his majesty." He muttered angrily.

"Wait what?" Dan asked in disbelief. He could understand at a stretch why Phil might want him their but why his fiancée would ask was a bit odd, especially if she knew about where Dan was from. He hoped to high heaven that Phil hadn't let anything slip about their very brief relationship because it would probably end up in the deaths of both of them. The guard tapped his foot impatiently,