Chapter 16

A/N so I finally finished *pats myself on the back* thank you for sticking with me on this and please enjoy xxxxxx

Dan and Phil stood on the castle walls, admiring the view of the city. The sun had already set behind the mountains as it did early every evening and the glow of fire could be seen shining through the windows of homes. The orange light of dusk was reflected off the marble roofs of the buildings in the inner city, giving the whole city a warm feel. The royal household were now all aware of the marriage between the two princes and in two hours so would the rest of the kingdom.

Solmorta was a lovely place and one that was understanding and accepting. Its people were kind and loved their royal family and the council that ran their country. Neither of the boys were worried about what they would say. Of course having two kings would be a little odd at first and the whole problem about producing heirs may stir up a little controversy but it was nothing to worry about. Their main problem would be Serultria. The majority of Serultria were deeply religious and gay relationships, although not illegal, were thought of as disgusting.

Messengers were being sent to all the major cities in both Serultria and Solmorta to announce the royal marriage and word was also being sent to the capital about the treacherous Captain Pieta's arrest. The captain had sent a letter from his cell to the dungeons already but what it contained neither of the Princes new. Phil had demanded to see the letter however one of Serultrias's guard had already taken it away. He would be joining his captain in the cells when he returned. It was no doubt a plea to some noble family or family member to get him out but that wouldn't be happening soon. Queens of both kingdoms were ready to have him hung.

His actions had taken away so many innocent lives and betrayed so many others. The hatred he bore for a reason he probably couldn't even remember against Solmorta had taken away Phil's father and driven his brother away. The king of Serultria was yet to travel down to Solmorta to meet his wife and son which Dan though was rather odd although he had always had a tendency to put his kingdom before his family and most likely wouldn't leave it unless it was absolutely necessary, something Dan both admired and hated.

Dan sat on the wall and beckoned Phil to join him.

"I really hope this goes well," He sighed, "I feel so happy at the moment but I don't think my kingdom will like me for this."

"If you kingdom doesn't liken our relationship then they can suck it," Phil said in a bright voice, "You are the prince and you should be able to do what you want (within reason off course)."

Dan smiled and rested his head on Phil's shoulder.

"You're feeling cheery at the moment."

"Yeah well I'm just as happy as you, if not more. Guess I'm just better at expressing it. Even if your kingdom dislikes you, you could always come and live here with me."

Dan smiled but a sad look came over his face.

"I love it here Phil I really do but I don't think I could spend my whole life here. I miss home, even if it never really felt like it was home. I miss my library and my bed and my friends, well friend."

Phil gave him a sympathetic look and reached round the pull him into a hug.

"Don't worry I understand" he whispered in a calming voice, "I miss my old shop, and Hazel." Dan pressed his head into the crook of Phil's neck and they sat there like that for a while.

Dan was starting to drift off to sleep in the warmth of Phil's embrace when something jolted him awake. There was the sound of screaming, just outside the city. Suddenly the city gates started to close and guards rushed to speed it up.