Jealous (2)

No one’s POV

“20 minutes… What should I do to occupy my time?” She thought.

She rummaged her bag, taking out a compact mirror and her cosmetic bag and began touching up her makeup. She smiled subtly as she admired herself on the mirror. She felt exceptionally beautiful that day, probably because of the good mood she’s feeling then.

From the reflection on the mirror, she saw someone suspiciously lurking behind her from a distance. She couldn’t see that person’s face clearly but she could tell he was looking in her direction. While she’s staring at him, her hand shifted a little and the glare reflected from the mirror reached his eyes. He got alerted and looked in another direction. This further worsen her suspicion. She knew how to defend herself and thus, her calmness. Yet, she felt uncomfortable with his presence and prayed for Kwill to arrive as soon as possible to chase that stranger away.

He arrived a few minutes later to see her smiling widely at him. He smiled back. Unbeknownst to her, the reason behind that smile wasn’t simply what she thought it was. For the past 2 days, there was never a moment without thinking of her. Seeing her after what seemed like years to him, it’s inevitable that he’ll smile so brightly. In fact, he had been smiling so much for the past 2 days. He was never that cheerful, ever since she left him and the past never left him all these years.

Flashback

1 January 1995

It’s only two days after Kwill’s 13th birthday…

He ran as fast as he could under the rain. He wasn’t sheltered with an umbrella. He was drenched from head to toes. His tears on his cheeks and the rain drops which fell on his face mixed. He was so nervous he didn’t even bother to think of his umbrella. Taking a taxi wasn’t his option since he would have to wait for one. He wasn’t bothered by the rain at all, even at the risk of slipping on the streets. Reaching the neighbourhood hospital in only 6 minutes, he felt as if it was hours.

He rushed into the ward she was in. The bed was empty. The toilet was empty. She wasn’t in the room, just like he expected. He came too late.

The thirteen year old fell onto the ground, whimpering. ”Why didn’t I stay a little longer? Why didn’t I visit yesterday?”

The blue forget-me-nots he gave her on his birthday were still on the table in the flower vase but she wasn’t there.

End of flashback

Ga-in walked over to him. She was so excited to the extent of forgetting about the suspicious stranger who was still behind her from a distance the whole time.

“Oppa, what should we do today?” (Still can’t imagine Ga-in call anyone ‘Oppa’ :D )

Kwill smiled at that. It had been a long time since he heard her call him “Oppa”.

“I’ll buy you ice cream.” He suggested.

They walked towards the Ben and Jerry shop. As soon as they entered the shop, they chose the seat nearest to the window. After they sat down, he signalled for the waiter to come over their table.

“We would like to have double scoops of Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream each.” Kwill said to the waiter.

“How did he know I liked Strawberry Cheesecake?” She thought. She gave him her specialty eye smile in response to the heartwarming thought of him being so gentleman-like.

Their ice cream arrived in no time. Ga-in , despite being a shikshin (food lover), forced herself to eat in a ladylike manner. Small bites in between a minute intervals which was overdone because Kwill noticed she was eating too slowly; her ice cream already melted but she wasn’t even halfway done with her ice cream.