Mrs Jo's Birthday Party

It’s finally the birthday of Mrs Jo whose children have been waiting for. The two siblings had planned a lot just for the day. All the orphans and staff of the orphanage were invited, along with some of her old friends and relatives. It’s no wonder why the whole restaurant has to be booked in order to fit that much people.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Kwill arrived at his aunt’s restaurant, knowing he’ll meet her today.

Flashback

Lizzy was helping out in the preparations for the birthday event when Kwill called on she and his aunt.

“Oppa! Just in time! Help umma with the soup!” She said, smiling brightly, happy that more help was finally available to her and the restaurant staff. They were busy for the whole day, even to the extent of waking two hours earlier. The birthday event will be during that night, meaning they only have six hours to spare and they weren’t even started with the decorations.

Kwill stretched after two hour’s work.

“Feeling tired already? Tsk tsk…” Lizzy commented as she shook her head disapprovingly.

“Lizzy-ah, you’re the best. Aunt too. Oppa knows.” He patted her head. Lizzy then wore a sheepish smile.

“This event is for my boss’s umma anyway. I’ve to do my best as a lovely subordinate.”

“You mean, Jo Kwon ssi? He’s coming? ” He asked, shocked from this news.

“Yes, oppa. You didn’t know? I thought you came for Ga-in ssi.” Lizzy widened her eyes, “How could it be? Ga-in ssi didn’t tell you?”

“I guess Ga-in ssi doesn’t know that this is your restaurant.” Kwill reasoned.

Kwill left the restaurant, only to hear Lizzy from inside the restaurant telling him that he left his make-up box there.

“Gwenchana (It’s okay)! I’ll come back later anyway,” He yelled back as loud as he could for Lizzy to hear while waving her goodbye from afar. Lizzy waved back with a smile and as soon as he turned away to leave, she tilt her head a little with her brows wrinkled, confused. “Why is oppa coming back later?”

End of Flashback

He entered the restaurant to see a familiar looking girl. She was helping out to place the cutleries on the table. “A new waitress? Wearing a dress? Can’t be?” He thought. The girl turned around. He was sure he saw her before but no one he knew came to his mind.

The girl furrows her brows. “Oppa? What’s wrong?”

“Oppa?” He mumbled. “You are? … Lizzy?” He looked her at her quizically as he went nearer to her to take a closer look, making her retreat a little.

“Waeyo? What’s with that expression, oppa? Haven’t you seen a girl put on makeup before?” She asked a little annoyned.

“I’ve seen many girls with makeup but you…” He started giggling and then used his hands to muffle his laughter.

Lizzy pouted her lips. “Are you saying I’m ugly?” She asked as she folded her arms and looked to her side.

“Pretty. You’re a cousin of a handsome man. How can you not be pretty?”