The Girl In The Corner

The Girl In The Corner: Written by - MushyMarshmellow

"Hailey, get to bed!" My mother shouted.

"Yes, Mom!" I replied.

I crawled into bed, hoping I wouldn't see the girl in my corner again. I'd been having nightmares about this girl in my corner. I feared that one day, it wouldn't be a dream.

I turned off my lamp light, fluffing my pillow. I rested my head gently, shutting my eyes. My mother peeked in my door, smiling. "Good night, sweetheart."

"Good night, mom."

My mother closed my room door, making everything silent, including myself. I heard a thud in the corner as hauled myself up to investigate.

There she was: the girl in the corner.

She stared at me, holding a lollipop. She wore a cream-white blouse and a white ribbon on her ginger hair. She had dimples and a big smile on her face.

"What do you want from me?"

She didn't reply, as usual. I pinched myself to wake up from this nightmare, which is what I usually did to escape the terror. I pinched myself again, flinching. It didn't work.

"Why am I not waking up from this?" I asked.

The girl in the corner spoke, "Because, you're not dreaming."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4/14/17

Thanks for reading 'The Girl In The Corner'. I'd appreciate a book vote as well as feedback if you enjoyed this short story. Thanks, Wattpaders! More short horror stories coming soon.