No Way Out

No Way Out - Written By MushyMarshmellow

I walked over to the elevator and got in, clicking the '4' button to reach the 4th floor where my hotel room was located.

The elevator ascended higher as the number above showed '4'. I had arrived to my destination.

DING!

The elevator sound was music to my ears, indicating the elevator doors were about to open. Except, they didn't.

The elevator number began to decrease. It reached 1, then stopped. Surely, I was safe. Or so I thought.

The number then decreased to '- 1'. It began going further down through negative numbes.

"How is this possible!?" I yelled.

It when further down as it sped up rapidly. Before I knew it, I was on floor negative ten.

The doors opened. All I could see was a pitch-black darkness that muted the elevator noise. Shivers ran up my spine as I clicked the first floor button.

The floor number continued to decrease. Everything went pitch-black for a second, then I could see I was at floor negative one-hundred.

An eerie feeling filled up inside me once I noticed there were no longer any buttons that went up, just one button that led further down.

______________________________________
6/11/17

Thanks for reading 'No Way Out'. If you enjoyed, leave feedback in the comments as well as a book vote. Also, follow me if you haven't already to revive notifications when I post new stories. More short horror stories coming soon!