34 - "heartbreak feels timeless"

[a/n: unedited bc I was too excited to get this chapter out!!
Also, I recommend listening to the Rude playlist on my Spotify while reading (I CRJEDJD) my user is ellafisherxo & the playlist is 'R' but you don't have to haha!]

Angela

My ears adjusted to the loud screeching outside, the cars of London seeming to be louder in the morning than at any other time. The cotton sheets covered me like fluffy clouds, Grayson's heavy arm draped over my body lazily and I felt his soft puffs of air against my bare back.

I once thought that I would marry him. That we would have children, their hair the shade as his and their eyes the same colour as his. I once believed he would be able to be together without ruining others happiness, believing that we didn't corrupt others around us. But I was wrong.

Maybe I had sinned in my past life, that God didn't want me to have this happiness because I didn't deserve this. I couldn't be with the Angel with the broken heart. Society wouldn't let us be together either.

I had always dreamt of having a love where my chest aches, the constant feeling of butterflies in my stomach, knowing that everything would be ok when I hear their voice. I wanted that love...but I could never have it.

Grayson stirred beside me, his brunette hair laying against the cushioned pillow and I have the urge to run my fingers through his hair, however I only think about it. I think about the soft strands of his hair between my fingers, the soothing touch feeling peaceful to me. I think about every time we kiss, those seconds or minutes that our lips had spent together. I think about his large palm against my own, the harshness of his skin pressing into mine and the softness of the back of his palm as he caresses my cheek. I think about every moment that seemed to last for a short amount of time however seemed to become an infinite memory in my mind that replayed with a constant repeat.

"You're awake." Grayson whispers, a deep and sleepy tone in the back of his throat as he spoke to me.

"I am." I return the sloppy smile that he gives to me, his cheek still pressed against the pillow before hiding his smile with the covers and his head buried deeper into the quilt.

"Go back to sleep." He tells me, his arm reaching out toward me and I only stare at his sleepless state.

"I can't, I need to go get Plan B from the pharmacy." I explain, my head in my palm as my body leans on my elbow and I lay on my side so I can clearly admire him.

"No, I'll get it." Grayson rubs his eyes with his knuckles as he stretches, forcing himself awake and he removes the covers from his naked body. "There's a pharmacy down the block, right?"

"I think so, I can go though it's ok." I say as I rise from my laying position however Grayson moves his hand onto my chest, stopping me from moving.

"You're not going anywhere, Angie." He demands, his body standing from the bed before stalking towards the bathroom door and he hides no shame of his nude attire. "Get inside that bed or so God help me I will handcuff you to the bed frame myself and make sure you stay put."

Although it was a threat, I couldn't help but feel excited at his words and I thoughts about following him into the bathroom, not minding being handcuffed to the bed. However I stay put, not wanting to leave the comfort of the warm bed just yet.

Grayson's shirt from yesterday lays on the floor beside the bed and I lean down to get it. His manly still remains on the thin fabric as I slip it over my body. Buttoning it down, my fingertips feel over the soft material before I slip on fresh panties.