One Foot in the Grave

The sound of the gunshot was terrifying and deafly loud. Because of the scare what I felt, when he was shot, I closed my eyes, but then I felt I need to open them, the only thing what I saw was that Daryl was lying on the ground, and he tried to stop wasting too much blood by pressing the wound with his other hand. I wanted to help him, but the shock what I got was not letting me even move my fingers, and on the top of that, the rough voice of the man made my hands stay on the ground like my fingers were having roots which were deep under the pavement.

- Now you speak, or your boyfriend will get another shot, but now he won't take breaths after I shoot him. - by this, I felt on i running on my cheek, then left my face, and died on the grey road. - Where is your camp? I will ask it no more.

I couldn't speak, just looked at Daryl who was suffering on the ground. I wanted him to stay alive, and be in safe, and this referred to those, who left in the Quarry. All of a sudden, Mike pointed Daryl's crossbow to his head.

- I count to three. If one of you won't tell me, where did you settle down, only the girl is gonna live with us. One... two...

- 2 kilometres away from Atlanta... - I gabbled, and it seemed it was successful, because the arrow in the crossbow remained there. - ...next to the road.

- And how many are you?

- Fourteen. Now just fouteen. - I repplied quickly.

- Stay here, while we pack our supplies and then, you lead us there. I don't want to repeat myself, what will happen if you try to do something else. - Mike threatened me and partly Daryl as well. When they went away, and they started to speak about something, I didn't hear what was that, and I didn't care about it, I hurried to him, who was still lying on the ground. His eyes were closed, and maybe he was trying to rest.

- Are you alright?

- Just as well as I look. - and he opened his eyes and look up to me. - Why didn't you let them kill me? You were stupid when you told them where our camp is.

- My conscience would never rest and never be clean again if you would be dead because of me. That's what stupid. But now you have to stand. - I whispered to him, when I saw that there are more than two people, who would like to live with us.

There were about twenty people, most of them were men and they were toned and and strong. But the women were not an easy issue as well. All of them were ready for everything. I told Daryl where to look and that moment was when I saw on him that he knew it will be a hard and bloody fight if we wanted those guys to leave us alone. Because if Rick and Shane will see this, they won't leave it without a word to say.