Chapter~2~~Broken Heart

"Step on it," yelled an impatient driver who was behind me, sticking his head out of the window and at the same time hooting, rolling my eyes i muttered to myself "man take it easy."

As it wasn't up to two seconds that the  traffic light just changed. The driver honked again this time I got frustrated  lowered my window and yelled at him
"Can't you see the traffic ahead, do you expect me to jump over the cars,"
which earned a few snickers from the driver deciding to ignore him this time, I drove off.

  I work at a book publishing company, the most prestigious book publishing company, well that's what the papers says. 

"Imperial  book firm Inc." that's was the  name of my workplace.

..............................................

Pulling into the parking lot, I glanced at my watch and realized that I was two minutes late, remembering my little fiasco with the driver earlier.
"A waste of time",  I muttered under my breath.

I left my car, and greeted Jeffrey, who is  the oldest security officer in the building, he is one of my few friends in the company, and also like a father to me.

  "Hi Jeff," I said

"Well if its not my sweetheart Tori," Jeff said, always as kind as ever.

   After a few greeting with Jeff. I later went into the company on my way to the fifth floor where my office is, only to be greeted by my boss as I was about to get into the elevator, who looked like he has been waiting for me.  Putting on my most friendly face I smiled and greeted him.

"Hi Harry," I had said.

  Not even minding my greeting he gave me a Curt nod

"To cut to the chase, can I have the manuscript for the Broken heart story," Harry asked.

Just as I suspected, "Of course," I answered nervously, rummaging through my bag, in pretense as i was searching for nothing.

After wasting few seconds of Harry's time, I finally looked up from my bag to a very not so pleasant Harry's face

"Oh! am sorry Harry, I forgot it at home" I said,  hoping he wouldn't see through the lies, but unluckily and as usual he knew I was lying. Cause I hadn't even written a single word of the book. The title  of the book itself came as a result of another lie, which I nervously said the other day to Harry.

Sometimes I wonder if he is some sort of superhuman, or as some Powers that makes him know when someone is lying.

This was the thought going through my mind, when Harry snapped his fingers right in front of me, to gain my attention back.

"Earth to Tori, I hope you are not busy fabricating another lie,"  Harry said

I mentally face-plamed my face "What me," I chuckled nervously, "of course not," I said

  "Tori the manuscript was supposed to be submitted last month, you were given an extension last week, last week Friday you begged me and said that you had a few more chapters to write"

"Huh Harry," I tried to interrupt

But he held his hand up to me and said sternly,
"Don't interrupt me Tori, let me finish," he paused eyeing me, thinking i wanted to interrupt him again, satisfied with the look on my face, Harry continued "as I was saying the printing of the manuscript is today, which you promised to bring today. So where is my manuscript," Harry asked looking at me.

"Hmmmm... Actually Harry Wh h hat happened w a a as," I stammered

"Tori save it,"

Harry stopped me short as I was stammering and couldn't make a correct sentence.

"You know Tori have had enough and don't even bother to make any excuses, am putting you on leave effective immediately  giving you till the end of this month, which is just in three weeks time, to provide me with the complete manuscript for Broken heart," Harry said.

I was speechless and couldn't even say anything as I just nodded my head and watched Harry retreating figure. 

I stepped into the elevator, and blinked away a couple of tears, as I wondered sadly in my mind if only he knew.

I tried as much as possible to regain my composure, putting on a cheerful face, I stepped out of the elevator just in time to meet my best friend  Caitlin.

She quickly enveloped me a bear hug, seeing my mood she quickly pulled me to her office which was just opposite mine. 

She sat me down and gave me a cup of coffee .

  "Oh Tori, I didn't know it was this bad," she said, gazing at me with worry in her eyes.

She was the only one I told about my writer's block. 

I quickly gave her a reassuring smile, "I am fine Catlin,"  I said.

  But Catlin being her stubborn self would not hear of me saying I was fine when she knows very well that I was not.

"I saw Harry talking to you, God what the that man say to you now," she  said with irritation in her voice.

It was no secret that she never liked Harry for some reason which I don't know. And Harry seemed somewhat indifferent about it.

"He'd me on leave till the end of the month, so I would be able to provide a manuscript for the Supposed Broken heart story," I explained.

"I don't even know what to do anymore," I continued, putting my head in my hands.
  Caitlin looked at me with a sad and sympathetic expression on her face.

"Sweetie you are going to be fine, you will go on the leave and am very sure that when next you are returning here you will have the manuscript, it's okay sweetie, I will pray for you," Catlin said.

Just the right words I needed at the time

"Thanks a lot Caitlin,"  I said hugging her, she quickly hugged me back.

   I stood up walking towards the door and turned back to face my only true best friend.

"I guess I should start working on the story now," I said with a forced smile trying to be cheerful.

But Caitlin saw right through it and gave me a comforting smile and hug.

  I left her office feeling a little bit happier, then checked the time and realized it was till morning. I walked out and greeted Jeff on my way to the parking lot.

I got into my car and drove off muttering under my breath

I wish I could write.

.......................

Author's note 

  Oh dear Tori feels so bad she can't write anymore, it's so sad and heartbreaking.

   Sorry if anyone of you feel depressed after reading this am sorry, I can't promise whether or not Tori won't be sad in further chapter.  But am sure you are going to enjoy the book. 

Hope you enjoyed reading this book as much as I enjoy writing it. 

Hope to hear from you guys, I like talking to my readers so if you have any comments about the book  Comment below, and please do not forget to Vote  as you're reading.

Lots of love

Hugs and kisses.... Hmmm I think that will be all for now

TreasureJade