Chapter Eighteen

The plane ride home was alright. This time I didn't have the window seat. Instead a boy sat there. We didn't say a word to each other.

I decided to catch up on my reading. I started reading the book. By the end of the flight I finished the book.

++++

When I got off the plane I drove home. I was glad to be back home but I am going to miss being with Ashton.

"So how was your first date?" Nikki asked. "It was at an amusement park and it was awesome." "It sounds awesome. Oh and you got mail." I was surprise I had mail. She handed me an envelope.

Mia Jane,
Hi! How was your flight home? The boys all liked you and thought you were nice. We are touring again so I don't know when we can see each other. How's college? I love you!
Sincerely,
Ash xoxo

I wrote back as soon as I finished reading it.

Ash,
Hi! My flight home was good. I read my book the whole way. Well I am glad the boys liked me. Tell them I liked them too! College is okay I guess. We have lots of homework so that sucks! I love you too Ash!!!!
Sincerely,
Mia Jane xoxo

++++

Ashton and I Skype once every two weeks. We text every night before I go to bed. We write letters every month. Sometimes I feel bad because the time zones are all different. It could be 8pm where I am and for him it could be 2am.

Sometimes it'll be just is two texting or video chatting. Other times it'll be all of us; Ashton, Calum, Michael, Luke, and I. Whenever we group text I always crack up laughing.

++++

I have been dating Ashton a little over a year now. Today I decided to introduce him to my family. For Thanksgiving my dad invited my family. He said Ashton can come too. He told me he wants to meet him.

"Are we almost there yet?" Ashton whined. "For the last time, no." I answered. He has been asking me this for the past hour. I feel bad that we won't be able to have Thanksgiving with Ashton's family. Fifteen minutes later Ashton asks me the same question: "Are we there yet?" This time the answer was different."Yes." I said pulling into the drive way. We got out of the car. We now stood in front of the door. "Ready?" I asked. He nodded. I opened the door and walked in. All I could smell was food. All I heard was talking and laughing from the living room.

My dad walked out of the living room. "Hi. You must be Ashton." He said smiling. "Yes." Ashton said smiling. We followed my dad into the living room. All my family members stared at us. "Everybody, this is Ashton." I said looking up at him. Everybody started introducing themselves. Some people even shook hands with him.

When it was time to eat we all filled our plates with food and ate at the table. I sat in between my dad and Ashton. My family talked to Ashton as if they knew each other forever. That made me very happy. "Everybody seems to like him. He's a keeper." My dad said only loud enough for me to hear. I smiled.

After dinner we all talked for a good hour and they all started to leave. I said goodbye to my dad and my other family members and we left. When we got in the car I said to Ashton, "They seemed to really like you." "Yeah. Hey why wasn't your mom there? Are your parents divorced?" He asked. I shook my head no. "We can visit her if you want."I said quietly. "Okay." It was beginning to get dark as I drove. "We are here." I mumbled. We got out of he car and he followed me. We stopped walking. "So this is your mom?" He asked. I nodded. He seemed a little surprised, a little bit sad too. He bent down next to the grave. The stars started to come out. We were sitting in the grass as Ashton talked to my mom and told her how much he loved me. I smiled and in that moment tears formed in my eyes.