Chapter Twenty-Seven

{SEVEN MONTHS LATER}

It's October now. The leaves are falling. I haven't spoken to Mia since that day at the hospital. I still wonder if she read the journal.

"Calum, did we get any mail?" I asked. I still miss the letters we'd write. I hope he'll say yes. "Umm.. yeah actually. One of them is for you." He replied handing me an envelope with my name written on it. It didn't have a return address. Who wrote this? I opened and began reading.

This is what the letter said:

Ash,
Hi! It's me, Mia Jane Scott. I read the journal you had Nikki give me. Thanks. I want to see you again. I think we need to talk. I regret our little break, Ash. I miss us. If you feel the same meet me at the place we first met on November 4th at 10 am. If you come, I'll know you feel the same. I loved you and still do.
Sincerely,
Mia Jane

My hands began to shake. I reread it over and over again. She still loves me.

"Are you okay?" Calum asked. "I am better than okay!" I said smiling. "Luke! Michael! Come quick!" He shouted. Luke and Michael ran in. "What is it?" Michael asked. "I think something is wrong with Ashton." Calum said. Luke chuckled.

"Nothing is wrong with Ashton. He is just really happy all of a sudden??" Luke says. "Mia. She sent me a letter!" I exclaimed. "You two used to write letters? How cheesy." Calum laughed. Michael elbowed him in his arm. "I mean how lovely!" Calum muttered. Luke laughed.

"What'd it say?" Michael asked. "She still likes me. She want to see me again." I said. "Do you want to be with her?" Calum asked. I nodded. "Well duh." I say.

++++

Today is the 3rd of November. Tomorrow I am meeting up with Mia. It has been decided that I am going. I can't wait.

What should I wear? How should I do my hair? Should I dress the same and leave my hair the same?

"Calum!" I yelled. "What?" He asked. "What should I wear?" I asked. "For what?" He asked. "For tomorrow." "Uh just wear what you normally wear I guess." He says. I nod and pick out my clothes.

It is nine pm by the time I am finished. I have to be awake at 9:00 so I can get ready. Then at 9:40 I will leave.

I layed down and closed my eyes. I tried to sleep but my mind was full of thoughts. I wondered what will happen tomorrow. Will we get back together or stay friends? What does she think we need to talk about?