Chapter ThirtyOne || One Month Later

Ashton's POV
It's been a month. Only a month. I miss her like crazy. I still haven't quite figured out how I am going to move on without her. Nobody said it was easy and they didn't need to.

Maybe I thought I'd move on after a while, I think we all did. But I'm still trying to figure out for myself if I can and will move on. I don't think I am to yet figure it out.

Before I met her my life was just a blur. When she came into my life I learned to appreciate what I have because before I know it, it might be gone forever.

But I found myself doing things I never thought I'd do again. I thought I'd never laugh again but I did. And when I did, I felt as if some weight was lifted off my chest. I began to smile more and appreciate things way more.

••••

I asked her dad and Nikki if they see anything like a letter or note from Mia to me if they could give it to me.

Five Days Later
"Ash, I think this is for you." Luke said, smiling weakly as he handed me a big envelope. He left the room after.

I opened the envelope. Inside was a letter.

Ash,
I don't think I am going to make it. I am in the hospital writing this in a hurry. When I met you I felt like it was fate or destiny or whatever you want to call it. Maybe it was love. I love you, Ash. I hope you and your band make it big someday. Someday you'll be taking on the world. I know you can. I may not be there with you but I'll always be in the sidelines rooting for you, always. When you need someone to talk to I'll be there to listen. You may not see me but I'll be there by your side every step of the way when things get rough. When I kissed you, I felt infinite. I felt like what we had was a little infinity. I want you to be okay. I want you to move on and find a new live of your life. Maybe she'll love you like I do which is a lot. I never stopped loving you. Maybe she'll follow our dream and travel the world with you. Maybe she already has and she'll show you pictures and tell you amazing stories of all the adventures she went on. Maybe she'll hide her face in your chest when you two watch scary movies late at night. Maybe she'll dance with you in the kitchen in the morning while you make breakfast. Maybe she'll be your forever. Everything will be okay, I promise.
See you soon, Ash.
Lots of love, Mia Jane xoxoxoxo

Mia Jane, I'll do my best just for you, I promise princess.