Escaped, Returned, Convicted, Invited

I sat down in the parking lot of David's and burried my face in my hands. Alflyse had just conjured herself away and I couldn't bring myself to move. My heart was lead and my body was stone. I didn't want anyone to see me like this, let alone Loki. I heard the door open and Calelle crawled through my barriers and onto my lap. My arsm wraooed around her and I started to cry. I wasn't crying because I was a dark elf or because Alflyse had hidden this from me for my entire life. I wasn't crying because I was the daughter of Malekith or because I was engineered for war. I was devistated that a mother, even if she was the all evil queen of the dark elves, would arrange for so many awful things to happen to their child. She made me want to kill myself and twisted my mind into believing that it was right to kill all of those people. She let people hurt me in ways I never would have thought possible and she feels no remorse for it.

"Anastasia?"

"No, not now Loki," I said then wiped the tears from my cheeks. Calelle clung to me as I lifted her back into the truck. Loki stood next to me and glared down at me. "Please, I don't want to hear any smart remarks about this. Just...just don't!"

"I'm not looking to further your pain. Just to take the keys."

"No thanks, I'd have to live to kill my parents," I said solumnly.

"Let me drive. I've opporated spaceships much more complicated than this vehicle. Please." I threw the keys at him and slammed the door as I slid in. Calelle looked to Loki for the approval to slid into my lap but Loki shook his head no. I leaned against the window and tried to think of a plan. The number one thing we had to do was tell Thor what was happening. Which means going back to Asgard. Great. Odin already hates me, and now he know's I'm an engineered sociopath, assuming he has Heimdall still keeping an eye on me.

We pulled into the James' home and Loki took Calelle inside while I slammed the truck door.

"What the hell are you doing?" Will gasped.

"We have to go. I'm sorry, but you have to too. You both have to leave and take the kids. Now." My sentences were choppy and short and I was breathless.

"What? Why? What's going on?" Lex asked.

"Does your cousin still live in the Caribbeans?" I asked Lex.

"Yeah, but I don't know why that's-"

"Take the kids and leave, tonight!" I demanded.

"What's happening?" Will asked pulling Lex close to him.

"I ran into my mother," I said shortly.

"Big deal, why is that so bad?" Will asked.

"Well my mother failed to tell me that she is Alflyse, Queen of the Dark Elves and my father-whom of which she did know-is Malekith the Accursed. An infamous, notorious, and dangerous dark elf. They plan to start a war between themselves, the frost giants and Asgardians. I don't want you getting caught up in this or them tracking us and end up at your house. Please," I begged. For someone who had never dealt with this side of me before, Lex took everything fairly easily. 

"Listen to her Will," she said pulling him into the house and toward their kids. Loki sat among them and he had a strange protective quality over them like he had over me at the store. I hadn't seen him like that before. It was a different side of him that expressed something besides hate. Progress I thought to myself. Somehow, in the midst of this chaos, I found the smallest bit of good imaginable. That was the difference between my parents and me; I have hope and faith.

"Kids, pack a bag. We're going to visit our cousins!" Lex tried to say with enthusiasm but came out like she had a gun to her head and was being told to drive a get away car.