2. My Life For Hire.

"Somebody give me a sign that everything's going as planned and then everything falls away, into the darkness of this shallow place. The detail is striking, the room's cold and frightening. You'll kick and you'll scream, you'll try everything to survive.

But you should know your fate by now."

---

"Aleks doesn't fucking love you!"

Those words drew his mind blank. Those words are what slowly caused him to spiral down into the depths of his mind. It's what caused the murderer to lose his sanity.

Since those words had been uttered, he'd begun to plot out the cruel and, what shall be, violent demise of those whom he considered to be close friends. And those close friends became a list, a list that was his personal hit-list. Those close friends had been picked off one by one in their own awful and untimely deaths, and so now there are only two remaining until he will finally have his Aleks all to himself.

He'd pinned up a photo of himself with the Creatures from PAX a few years back. It was the day he and his love finally met and it became a day he'd never forget and one that would change his life and view on his friends. Although since most of them are now dead, he'd scribbled over their faces and crossed them out of the picture, smiling to himself as he did so. He grit his teeth when eyes fell upon the rest.

"Fucking James, getting in the way of Aleks and I. Even in this fucking photo!" His monotone voice rose sharply at his final words, darker and deeper than it usually was, and digging his nails into a pillow by his hip, he slung it against the door. "I'll make damn sure, that ends tonight."

Kevin reached for the journal he tucked under his mattress and flipped to a blank page before writing in shaky, messy handwriting.

"J. Wilson. 08/June/2016. Around 8:00 P.M."

Now he knows tonight is the night that changes all of this. James will no longer worry about Aleks and he will be cut from cutting into his and Kevin's relationship any longer.

Kevin slides the journal back under the mattress, hanging loosely from the side before he disappeared into the bathroom to his own cruel mutilations and to retrieve his knives.

Once he finished this, James will regret ever saying anything bad about Kevin's feelings for Aleks and ever finding out about them. And he will finally have his way with the bullshit he's put him through.

---

He let his knife glide across his victim's untrimmed chest, causing him to wince. What a a lovely sight it is, watching them beg for their lives mutely, eyes squinting, and mouth pursed so tightly that they change color. He grins to himself as he has every other night he's done this. The pressure he added to the knife drew a faint line of blood. His victim cursed, causing Kevin to wrap his cold fingers around his throat.

"I didn't say fucking speak."

He leaned down to stroke the victim's cheek, brushing his knife across the skin along with it. His eyes watered, filled with dread and fear and the knowing of what this is leading up to. "Is this about me calling out your bullshit about Aleks?"

Kevin dug the knife into his skin faster than he ever had before, causing the victim to scream, which was only cut off by Kevin's fist again.

"Don't do anything stupid, asshole."

"Oh, trust me, I'm not. I've been waiting for this moment."

---

He smiled to himself, wiping away a bloodstained cheek and the trail of the same dark red liquid trickling from his nose. As he assumed, his latest victim put up a fight. It's not the first time it's happened, just the first time that he'd predict this.

A Lunatic's Lament || ImmortalAnexजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें