3. The Murderer

"Had it only been a different night, a different place, and a different kind of man passing by the threshold of that innocent pub, drunk piano playing. The events that transpired would have undoubtedly been drastically different.

I can only guess if anyone outside that place had a clue when the exclamations of mirth became the desperate screams of helpless, begging for their very lives." 

---

"E. Cardona. 29/July/2016. Around 12:00 A.M."

After tonight, Kevin would have his Aleks all to himself and he has something special planned for his final victim. After all, his love doesn't need anyone other than him. After Eddie's gone, then they will be happy together and no one will stop him from getting to see the love of his life. 

He had to flush Aleks out of the building, as he knew that he and Eddie were roommates and he couldn't let him get hurt. Of course, this was all for him. And he planned to ignite a flame as bright as his love for the Russian man. So he carefully picked a time when Aleks would be out. When that time came, he'd strike. 

"Is Aleks home?"

"No, fucker, you know he's been out for the past few nights." 

"Can I come in?" 

Reluctantly, Eddie allowed Kevin into his home. His only excuse was that he was waiting for his best friend to arrive home, and so he dropped his things in Aleks' bedroom at the top of the stairs and smiled, glancing at the PAX photos lying on his dresser. Kevin was quick to slip them into his pocket, as a reminder of the night that they would finally get to be together, and crossed out the deceased faces, including Eddie's, just as he had done many times in the past.

When he'd fallen fast asleep, Kevin slowly inched his way through the house, a trail of gasoline following his heels as he moved swiftly through each doorway. When he reached the top of the staircase and entered the victim's room, he found him lying nearly unconscious and vulnerable. 

Just as he had done with Jordan and James, he bound his wrists together behind his back. This stirred the older man, he tried fighting back and simply spat in his face, cursing at the Asian and calling him every name in Spanish he could remember. Instead of wincing, Kevin merely smiled to himself.

"What the fuck are you doing?" He'd say and the murderer laughed in his face. A maniacal grin split his cheeks in two, then pouring gasoline over his body and mattress. He wouldn't want to miss a spot. 

"It was fucking you, wasn't it!"

"Oh, Eddie, you and your friends are oh, so oblivious." He said, grazing the elder's cheek with the blade, pressing hard enough to leave a small cut on his flesh and then watching the crimson blood trickle down to his earlobe. 

"Don't you dare touch Aleks, you motherfucker!" 

The mention of his lover's name made a softer grin replace the wicked one he had adopted, his mind running in circles around the Russian, and stomach churning.

"You know I would never hurt him," 

He shook the last drops out of the can before dropping it by the bedside table. Kevin doesn't smoke, although it adds to mirth of it all, so he pulled the Menthol from his back-pocket and held it between his teeth "and you know what, Edwin, I told you to get away from him. Seems like someone didn't take my warnings too seriously." 

The cigarette danced in his mouth before he lit it from the lighter he'd also shoved into his pants. The sight of the metal object caused the victim's eyes to tear, rolling down his cheek softly. He hardly squeaked and suddenly the man wasn't his happy-go-lucky, normal self anymore, but just another pawn in the Asian's games. A game that he would surely win, making Aleks his only prize.