Thirty-Weeks Along

“Hashirama I’m begging you, please give him something to do so I can get some peace!” I beg while holding a hand on my large stomach.

The dark haired Senju sighs, “What did he do this time?”

“Tobirama isn’t letting me to anything! I’ve had to resort to having Kawarama distracting him long enough for me to escape out of the house.”

“He’s just being protective-.”

“Hashirama either get him out of the house for a day or two or else I’m going to murder him.” I slam my hands down on the desk for emphasis.

Hashirama backs up slightly, “Okay, okay I understand. Give me some time to find a minor mission for him and his team.”

“Okay, don’t take too long.”

I turn to walk out the door when Tobirama bursts into the room looking frazzled. However when he spots me he visibly relaxes. Taking long strides my husband crosses the room in a matter of seconds and places heavy hands on my shoulders. His piercing crimson eyes peer at me and I can tell that he’s really unhappy.

“Why did you go out without me?” He demands.

I glare, “I needed some space and my legs needed a stretch, is that a crime?”

“Why did you ask me to go with you at least?”

“Because you scare everyone off that gets within five feet of me!”

“I do not.” His tone is very defensive.

I look at him darkly, “Tobirama you threatened one of the street vendors for coming up and asking me how I was doing. Then there was the time that you actually tossed another man into the wall because he accidentally bumped into me!”

“You and the baby could’ve been hurt.”

I was getting nowhere with him. Sighing I give a pointed look to Hashirama and then turn to walk out of the office. Tobirama is set to follow me when Hashirama calls him back. Tobirama hesitates as he looks between me and the office door. I point back toward the office to tell him that I’m not playing around and he’d better go. He didn’t want to hear that.

Turning back he walks slowly into the office and shuts the door behind him. For a moment I breathe in and out real slow. I know he’s worried about me but this isn’t my first time being pregnant! Just because I have a child in my stomach doesn’t mean that I’ve suddenly turned into porcelain. I know he’s just being careful and trying to be there for me but his overprotectiveness is turning into obsession. Walking at a leisurely pace I close my eyes and breathe in the fresh air. Some days I miss the smell of the sea breeze but I’d gladly give it up for Tobirama all over again.

“Man, pregnant again? Seems like yesterday that you were still carrying Kawarama.”

Turning around I see my brother Ashito there grinning at me. A smile comes to my face as I waddle over to my idiot brother and hug him as tight as I can. He chuckles and brings me in close. I missed my family a lot, not to mention the hormones made it even worse. Sometimes my father would come to visit or Akio most often would since he was the ambassador for Tsukigakure. Hiro would occasionally come visit but most of the time he was holed up in the library for some reason or another.

“Shut up you dunce, it’s been five years- almost six- since I was pregnant with Kawarama. Besides Tobirama and I wanted a second child.”

Ashito places his arm over my shoulder as we start walking again, “Ah, so how is that going? Since he wasn’t here for the first pregnancy and all; has he been subjected to your horrible cravings yet?”

“First off, my cravings could be so much worse than they are and secondly, he’s completely overprotective! I know he feels really guilty for not being there when I was pregnant with Kawarama but now he’s trying to overcompensate for it. Frankly he’s driving me up a fucking wall right now.”

Ashito laughs, “Sis, couldn’t you tell that he was going to be an overprotective father? Akio and the rest of us could see it from a mile away.”

“I didn’t think he’d be this overprotective.”

Another arm wraps around my large waist and drags me into their side, “I’m the right amount of protective.” Tobirama growls at Hiro.

I sigh, “So what did Hashirama want?”

“I’m going away on a mission for a couple of days, are you going to be alright on your own?” He asks.

“Yeah, I’ll be alright. Besides I have everyone, Ashito included, helping me out with anything that needs to be done around here.”

Tobirama nods, “… Okay. I’ll be gone for two days tops. I want you to promise that you won’t do anything too strenuous while I’m away.”

“Yes sir, I promise.”

He makes a slight annoyed face, “Don’t be like that.”

“Then perhaps you should stop treating me like I’m going to break at any moment. Tobirama I’m pregnant not helpless!” I snarl.

Tobirama takes his arm from around his waist, “I worry for you considering your track record.” He shoots back before disappearing.

I stop walking, “… I overdid didn’t I?”

“A little bit…”

I sigh and we continue on home. I wish I can go after Tobirama myself but as it stands that wouldn’t be a good idea. Oh well… hopefully he won’t be too upset and then I can apologize for being so forward and unfeeling. He didn’t deserve my harsh words to such a degree.

***

“Tobirama please just look at me.” I beg.

My husband turns an unemotional eye on me, “Yes?”

It’s been roughly a week since I’d blown up at him and he still hasn’t forgiven me. I can’t exactly blame him but at the same time I think he’s also being childish.

“What do you want me to say? I’m sorry I snapped at you but your protectiveness was going overboard.”

“You don’t understand.” He goes to walk out of the kitchen.

I block his path, “What don’t I understand, tell me.” I urge him by taking his hands in mine.

“I want to be there for you, to have you depend on me. I wasn’t there for you when you were pregnant with Kawarama and I feel like that’s my fault-“

“But it’s not!” I interject, “You know I wasn’t in my right mind back then. I was delirious and there was no way that you could get near me. That was not your fault! Stop blaming yourself.”

“I can’t help but want to be there for you this time.”

I run my thumbs over the back of his hands, “I want that too but… can’t you trim it back just a little bit? Just because I get up off of the couch doesn’t mean that I’m going to get attacked and lose the baby.”

Tobirama brings me to his chest, “I’ll try.”

“That’s all I ask.”

His lips land on mine in a sweet kiss and I can’t help but smile into the kiss. Tobirama looks as though he’s insanely tough but in reality he loves those closest to him with his whole heart. I know he wants to take complete care of me. Tobirama scoops his arms underneath my legs and hoists me up into his arms. I gasp as he carries me into our bedroom. “Tobirama?” I laugh.

Tobirama sets me down on the bed and places a hot kiss to my collarbone, “Kawarama isn’t coming home until tonight, we have the time alone, and you have no idea of what you do to me.” He groans before continuing to lick at my neck. I giggle and wrap my arms around his neck. Bringing him in close I place a nip onto the shell of my husband’s ear. He shivers before returning the action in kind.

“Oh~ Tobirama!”

***********************************************************************

Okay guys, one more chapter to go and then this will be officially finished forever!