This I Believe..... LHL

What do I believe in?

        What do I live by each and every day? What is my motto? Why do I believe this?

         Here is your answer.

    I live by the motto, LHL. Love, Hope, Live.

      First, LOVE. Love people for who they are. All of the good and bad inside them. Truly love them. Your friends, your family, all of them. Because that's being a true person. Not hiding behind filters on your phone, or emojis. And know that there is a difference between I love you and Luv you. A huge difference. So Love people for who they are, love yourself, love your significant other the way they deserve. If they are there for you through thick and thin, put up with all your crap, never let them go. Love them, appreciate them, hold on tightly.

     HOPE. Hope for the best out of life. Hope that everything will be alright, because Hope always trumps Fear. When you feel as if you are falling apart, Hope. Never lose it, or you will go through life being like a pessimist, and not having a real purpose. Trust me I know, from personal experience. In fact, it got to the point where I thought that there was no point in living at all. That's where the Love also came in. The people I loved gave me Hope again. One in particular and I will never let her go. I don't plan on it. Ever. Hope is powerful. So Hope for the best, even if you kinda expect the worst.

    Lastly, LIVE. Live life the way you interpret it. Its yours, and no one can take that away from you. Stand up for yourself, take control. Whether its your parents, your other that is abusive, drugs, bullying, whatever it is, stand up. Live YOUR LIFE. Its yours, and you can do what you want with it. Love who you love, like what bands you want, wear what you want to wear (within certain standards of course I mean come on dont be wild with this people), and go where you want. Travel, sing, go after your dreams. LIVE. That's what you do when you HOPE, LOVE,you LIVE.

    So yes, this is what I strive to live by everyday, ever since 7th grade.

     Now here is the why. Why do I choose to live by this at 16 and as a Somphmore  in highschool?

    Its because in my 16 years, my life has been FAR from perfect. Way far. Messed up family, whole nine. And I have been bullied since 4th grade.....which was low for a while but has come back now with full force. So yeah, I live by this because I know. I know that living by this has helped me get through it all. Its kindve changed over time to expand and include all the things listed, but it has helped. I hope that it helps someone, anyone else that is reading this.

      This motto encompasses Freedom, Bravery, Creativity, Kindness, Passion, and ultimately Hope. Hope is the most important part of this post. Trust me on that. With hope, all things are possible.

theduchesswriter

         -Kat