This I Believe.... Friendship

I believe in Friendship.

I believe that being there for someone when they need you the most, that listening, that being you, that being able to sit in silence with each other and it not be awkward, to be able to tell each other anything, that sticking it through till the end, that enduring, is the true meaning of friendship.

     So I have advice to you all.

    If you have that one person that sticks it out through everything with you, keep them. If they deal with your crap, put up with you abandoning them for others, will be there for you however and whenever they can, will text back right away even if you haven't replied to them in hours, will endure everything you throw at them, keep them. They are not clingy, they just care. Maybe to much, but they care. They are true friends.

   If they listen when no one else is there for you, even though when they need someone they hold it in to be strong for you, keep them. These kinds of people are true and lifelong friends. If you miss school and they do all they can to help you catch back up, if they text good morning and goodnight, if they have never said a bad word about you when you were fighting, if they are THERE, KEEP THEM.

THIS IS IMPORTANT.

IF YOU THINK THIS IS NOT IMPORTANT IF YOU ARE THIS FRIEND OR IF YOU HAVE THIS KIND OF FRIEND AND TAKE THEM FOR GRANTED I HAVE TWO THINGS TO SAY.

ONE: NEVER GIVE UP. YOU ARE VALUABLE AND PRECIOUS. REALIZE THIS, YOU ARE IMPORTANT.

TWO: SHAME ON YOU. APPRECIATE THEM, OPEN YOUR DAMN EYES YOU IDIOT. GIVE BACK.

Open your eyes. Appreciate people like this because they are rare. Friends are a two way street. Give as much as you take, laugh, love, appreciate, them and never take something like that for granted.

Friends are the stars that light up our personal skies in our darkest hour of our eternal night. They are the sun that shines upon us on our brightest day. They make us happy, loved, safe, and most of all appreciated.

Take this to heart. Believe, as I do, in these friendships. Always.