Family Pt. 2.0

Steven and Connie sat in the bubble with their arms around each other, Connie crying into his shoulder. She had been so brave for too long. So Steven also started crying, knowing he could heal her, and make all of this better.

Just has he thought, when his tears hit her leg, the skin sizzled, knitting itself back together again. She sighed, feeling relief from the sharp pains in her leg. By this time, the two kids' heads were pounding from the constant hammering of rocks and the fusion's gauntlets.

"We have to do something. Steven..." Connie looked at the child earnestly. "You can't hold this forever."

Steven knew it. But he never wanted to admit it. All he wanted was to keep his family safe. They cared about him, not just because of who he was. They cared about the real him, the person who Pink Diamond's Gem was attached to. They had come to realize that he wasn't his mother. He was Steven Universe.

"Connie. Listen to me. We need to fight together, we can take them on if we fight like we did in practice. They've never fought together before."

"You're right. Okay. I'm ready."

They embraced one last time and readied themselves for when Steven dropped his bubble.

-------------------------------------------------------
The new fusion cracked her knuckles and yawned.

Pearl was dumbstruck. She had alway though Homeworld said that fusion between different types of Gems was a cheap tactic.

Clearly they had learned something these past few years.

"Hey there." The fusion smiled cheekily. "Let's have some fun." The trident that had dematerialized when Pearl knocked it away now appeared in the fusions top right hand. The rest of the hands reached up to her aqua colored triangle gem sitting on her fore head. The four arms now held throwing knives, and attached them to the already spiky head of the weapon. The trident was now a mace, one with a particularity long handle.

"Turquoise. Nice ta meet ya." The newly named Turquoise extended her fifth hand out to the Pearl, but ended up swinging her mace foreword at where the unsuspecting Gem was. "Ooohhhh I almost got ya! Let's try again."

Over and over, Turquoise spun and tried to smash her mace into Pearl, but the gem once meant for entertainment was skillful in her dodging, and made it look like an art form. Although the unpredictable fusion seemed to be making Pearl retreat, the lithe Gem had a plan. She was going to make it over to where Bismuth was fighting Jasper, and fuse, letting their combined prowess break apart and destroy Turquoise.

But Turquoise kept swinging and smashing her mace. Pearl soon found out how truly hard it was to fight someone with no strategy and no concept of skill, just quick forceful movements.

It was even harder to get in between Jasper and Bismuth. So Pearl moved on to plan B. Fuse with Garnet and the new Amethyst.