Chapter 1~ Chiaki

Chiaki walked into the warm sunlight, squinting at its glare. She had spent all night gaming leaving her insanely tired, but she still had school to attend. She grabbed her pink cat bag and headed out. Hopes Peak Academy wasn't too far of a walk, and Chiaki wasn't gonna risk falling asleep on the bus again. That was a disaster.

She pulled out her pink gaming device, and continued playing the Sims, medieval. With her properly distracted, she didn't notice the growing sound of quick footsteps behind her. Suddenly, the figure ran into her, knocking them both to the ground. "A-ah! So sorry...." he scrambled to pick up all of his items that fell out of his bag. "...It's okay." After making sure nothing fell from her bag, and that her electronic was okay, she helped him pick up. After grabbing his stylus, he took it directly from her hand and put it in his pocket. They exchanged eye contact, and Chiaki finally realized who this was. This was Ryota Mitari, who was in the classroom next to her. Hopes Peak was a private academy, and due to the lack of people, only had about 2 or so classrooms per grade. She was in class 10a, and Ryota was in classroom 10b. "Thank you, really." He said.  "...no problem." She responded with a smile. They got up, and they both continued on their way.

When Chiaki finally got to school, everything proceeded normally. Chisa Yukizome, their teacher, taught all the usual lessons without fail. Whenever Chiaki started to doze off, Ms. Yukizome would always catch it before it affected her work. She was psychic like that. At the end of class, she started to pack up all of her things, only to be interrupted. "Why hello there, Miss Chiaki. You're looking beautiful today." She heard someone say, but not in a complementary way. They said it in a way that hinted bad intentions. "... Hello Teruteru." He smirked at the mention of his name. "Say, Chiaki, how about we go... over to my house for the night. We can play video games." He smiled seductively while he said this. But just before Chiaki could decline, a fist hit her desk loudly, making the pair flinch. "The hell, Teruteru! Fuck off would you? We're in god damn high school, and she clearly isn't interested! So back off!" Fuyuhiko shouted defensively. Teruteru didn't respond to this, and Chiaki was silent out of shock, but was also pleased someone was able to stick up for her. With a sad sigh, Teruteru walked away. With a huff, Fuyuhiko slung his bag over his shoulder and walked off too, Peko in pursuit. Just before he left, Chiaki called out, "Thank you!" He paused at the words, then, without turning said, "Stick up for yourself. Not guaranteed I'll always be there for you." With that, he left.

Chiaki and Hajime sat together at their usual spot, a fountain at the top of a hill over looking Hopes Peak. Chiaki and Hajime were good friends, they met here every day on weekdays. At the time, Chiaki was ranting on about the timeline for Legend of Zelda when two girls walked up asking to sit with them. They agreed to let them sit with them, they didn't own the fountain or anything. Wouldn't make sense to decline. The pair who wanted to sit with them was Mahiru Koizumi and her friend Sato. Mahiru sat next to Hajime (who was already sitting next to Chiaki), and Sato sat next to Mahiru. The bench was very crowded now, but no one really minded. "How have your days been?" Mahiru addressed Hajime and Chiaki. "Good, I played video games." Chiaki responded. "Alright, quite a bit happened. I met a girl called Natsumi." Hajime answered. Satos eyes darkened at the mention of Natsumi. "You know her?" Hajime asked the girls, seeming oblivious. "No." Chiaki responded, while Mahiru and Sato said in unison "Yes." "How you do you know them?" The two explained their relationship status with Natsumi, who turned out to be Fuyuhikos little sister, Mahiru seeming much more interested in what Hajime had to say. But Hajime was an interesting guy, so Chiaki totally understood why. Then they decided it was getting late and went their separate ways.

At her house, Chiaki ate an instant dinner, and decided to go to bed at a reasonable hour. She walked over to her bedroom window and peered out of it, feeling slightly satisfied. She had concluded that today was a good day, and was happy. She exhaled, wishing days like this were more frequent.

Little did she know, this feeling would not last for much longer.

-
-
Hey, sorry about the cliffhanger! Well, no not really. I'm practically known for cliffhangers. Anyways, to help prevent and cancelations like my previous stories, I'll set up a schedule of sorts. It'll be slightly flexible though, thank you ADD for nothing :)). Anyways, next part should be out... hmm... let's go April 28 since that's Nagitos birthday and that's a lot of time for me. I may post it early but idk. Hope you liked the first part of this!

Oh, and Allie, have fun with the amount of ships in this.
Prepare to   d r o w n   in ships.