Part 2

It took another hour for the 3 of you reach Backer street. By this point, the drizzle had turned to rain and you were dripping wet.

Dawson: This looks like the place.

You: I hope so. Olivias going to catch a cold.

After a quick knock on the door, a woman answered the door. She appeared to be the housekeeper since she had on an apron and a pile of books in her hands.

you: Good evening madam, is this the home of a Basil of Baker Street?

Mrs Judson: I'm afraid it is. She answered with a sigh.

Mrs Judson: He's not here at the moment but you're welcome to come in and wait. She said smiling.

You smiled back and as you walked in you took half of the stuff off of her and set it down on the closest table with Olivia and Dawson at your heels. As soon as Mrs Judson saw how drenched the pair of you were from the rain. She quickly took Olivias hat and scarf from her and went to grab you a blanket. 

You: Thank you, again, Doctor Dawson. We would probably still be in the rain. 

Before he could answer you, another mouse burst through the door and raced to the chemistry set. Pushing Dawson out of his way in the process, almost knocking him over.

Dawson: I say. Who Are you?

Basil: What? OH! He said removing his face to reveal his real face underneath.

Basil: Basil Of Baker Street, my dear fellow.

He quickly discarded his costume allowing you to see who this detective really was. 

He was on the lean side, very tall but he held himself well. light brown fur and large ears. He didn't look how you expected him to. However, what he looked like didn't matter to you.

He scurried from left to right doing things like gathering pillows, putting bullets into a gun and shooting the pillows. for some reason he needed the bullet which you found and held out to him.

Basil: I know that bullets here somewhere... He looked at the bullet and then looked at you for a second.

Basil: Oh, thank you, Mrs?

you: Flaversham, Miss Flaversham.

Basil stood up, walked to his desk and put the bullet under a magnifying glass. A minute later he let out an annoyed scream, threw the bullet over his shoulder, sat down and started playing his violin.

Basil: He was in my grasp.

You and Olivia took this as your opportunity to talk since he had ignored you both true out his little rampage.

Olivia: Now will you please listen to me. Our farther is missing, and we need your help.

Basil looked at Olivia with a very glum face.

Basil: young lady this is the most inopportune time. he said glumly, playing his violin.

Basil: Surely your mother knows where he is.

you:  We don't have a mother

He stopped playing his violin and looked at Olivia.

Basil: Well uh... then perhaps...see here I simply have no time for lost fathers.

Dawson, Olivia and you were beginning to get annoyed with him.

you: We didn't lose him he was taken by a bat!

The big-eared mouse expression changed. He got excited. 

Basil: A Bat? Did he have a crippled wing?

Olivia: I don't know but he had a peg leg.