Chapter 15

Sophie

"Oh my gosh, they look so cute together! I'm gonna take a photo of 'em!"

"How long did they stay up last night?"

"It's already late, can we wake them up?"

"Yeah, go wake them up, Solans."

I woke up with the quiet noise that I heard, then I remembered that I wasn't in my own house. But hey, I did have a goodnight sleep. The last words I heard from last night was a goodnight from Donny, and I felt that he planted a kiss on my forehead. Kikiligin sana ako kung totoo but maybe I was just dreaming. Oh, well. It was only just a dream.

I opened my eyes then I noticed that I fell asleep on Ate Ella's couch, with Donny. His arms were around me and his chest was my pillow. Kaya ba masarap tulog ko kagabi? Uhm.

"Good morning, ate Max!", Solana ran up to me when I sat up then she hugged me and I hugged her back. "Good morning, Solana!", I greeted her back. "How was your sleep? You and kuya Dons slept together oh my gosh!", wooh this little girl. "Uh, I didn't even remember how I fell asleep..", I said while rubbing my eyes. "Ate Ella told me to wake you guys up so I went here. Tara, let's eat na!", she said, pulling me. "I'll follow nalang, baby girl. I'll make hilamos lang.", I said to her while running my fingers through her hair. I'm still shy, okay. "Okay, okay!", she giggled then left the room.

I was about to stand but then I felt hands grabbed me by my waist which made me lie down again. "Don't go.", Donny whispered, half-asleep. Pucha his morning voice made me shiver. "Dito ka muna, mamaya ka na lumabas.", he whispered once again. This time, medyo magkadikit na mukha namin. I tried to calm myself down but my heart is like dugdugdug-ing to the 100th power. My gosh! Donny, why are you like this? I just stared at him, admiring how perfect his face is, his jaw, his sharp nose, his full pink lips, long eyelashes, and all. I didn't notice that I was staring at him for more than a minute then he spoke, "Stop staring at me, Max. Gusto mo ba akong matunaw?", I pinched his nose then he sat up. "Joke lang kasi.", he reacted. "Landi mo, gago.", I said. "Tara na, your siblings are waiting.", then I went to the bathroom to gargle and wash my face.

Donny

I grabbed Sophie by her waist when she was about to stand up, then she fell on me. "Don't go. Dito ka muna, mamaya ka na lumabas.", I don't know what came into my mind why I said that, so nangtrip nalang ako. Well, pa-breezy muna chos. 😜 Then I saw her staring at me, "Stop staring at me, Max. Gusto mo ba akong matunaw?", literally, gusto niya ata ako matunaw. "Landi mo, gago.", she said as she pinched my nose which aroused me. Aba, namura pa ako. :( Mahalin mo nalang ako, dejk. I got up from the sofa then went to the other bathroom, washed my face and gargled. Afterwards, I went to our dining area where my siblings are at with Sophie.

"Good morning, bruh!", Hannah greeted me as I took a seat. "Morning, Hannah.", I said with a yawn. "Kuya had a goodnight sleep ata ah.", Benj said, with a mischievous grin. "Ikaw din, Sophie?", ate Ella asked with a laugh. Oo nga pala, nasa couch kami ni Sophie kagabi. "Let's eat na nga.", I said, puro daldal eh.

After eating, we took a bath one by one, just spending the day watching movies and stuffs. It was really quiet then ate Ella spoke, "Donny, what happened to your mouth?", I looked at Sophie and she did the same, "It's nothing, really. Natamaan lang ako kagabi because the place was crowded.", I made up an excuse. "Natamaan? It looks busted talaga. Nakipag-away ka ba?", she asked, then everyone's attention is on me. I just smirked then she asked another question, "Did you fight back?", "No, I didn't. I just stopped a guy from hurting someone who I care about.", I looked at Sophie again, then I saw her turning red.

The next day

Sophie

Donny, his siblings, and I woke up early to go to church since it's a Sunday. Nothing feels better than celebrating mass with kind people. It's my first time to go to mass with people who I just met, but I feel comfortable na around them. Afterwards, we spent our day at Nuvali to bond with each other, and I finally got to know each one of them. It was ate Ella's treat, she insisted me to come and I can't say no. Feel ko na belong ako. Ganito pala feeling na may kapatid, it doesn't make you feel alone. Unlike me, I may be surrounded by a lot people but I still feel alone. But I thank Donny for keeping me company.

It was already around 4 pm and we all decided to go home and rest since pauwi na din sila mom and Tita Maricel with her husband. I haven't met their Dad yet so baka maabutan namin sila sa house. My gahd, kinakabahan ako. Ano kaya iisipin niya kasi first time daw ulit ni Donny magdala ng girl sa house nila after Danielle? Why do I feel this way? Kaibigan lang naman ako eh.

I still cannot understand what my mind is trying to deliver to me. Donny said something yesterday, he cares about me? What made him feel that way? Is it because I've been hurt lately? I don't want anyone to succumb the awa if that's what they feel towards me, but hey, it feels really good to know that someone cares for you. Nakaka-miss din pala yung feeling.

"I just stopped a guy from hurting someone who I care about.", still replays on my head.

Donny, what have you done to me?