Prologue

I sit up up from my fetal position to see nothing but darkness. Except.... There's one little light on my right-hand side. I squint enough to see that it's a candle. On my left-hand side, there is a wall.

        This is probably going to be my only stable support.I find myself leaning against it and using it to stand up straight. Then, as I'm walking the distance between me and the table holding the candle, I feel a pain shoot right up from my chest to my brain. I've been hurt before, but never anything like this. I'm now back on the floor and refuse to move. So as I'm lying there, helpless, I hear a voice call out.

" Will you stop being a pissy little wimp and get the hell up. Do you think that's the worst I can do to you."

It was more of a snarky statement than a question.

"Ugh," It scowls, "Pathetic!"

     I'm still on the floor when I hear the voice yell at me again.

"Didn't you hear me?! I said get your sorry ass up. Now!!!, " It's booming voice says.

   I attempt to pull myself up and let my eyes adjust a little more to the lighting​ of.....Wherever it is that I am.

It only takes me a few seconds to realise that..Oh...I'm in my house.Real smart Auburn, it's taken you this long to realise that your in your own fucking house, you idiot.

And now I'm talking to myself. Great... Now I'm going totally and completely insane.

I'm also tied up, with my hands bound by thick yellowish rope in front of my torso.That's why it's been so hard to stand up all this time.I really don't understand why, but I start to feel light-headed.

Suddenly, I feel something warm drip onto my cold, now numbing, arm.

I look down to see that it's covered in my crimson red blood. Well isn't that just fucking great. There's also blood on my shirt up close to my collarbone...And then, almost puking as I set my gaze on it.....Is a bullet hole, which has directly settled its self right under my left shoulder.

Torn muscle tissue and blood lay splattered on my shirt, pants, and on my kitchen's floor. I'm horrified as I realise that it's not ALL just mine.It's my mom's body and parts of my dad's lying battered and beaten on the kitchen tile, along with my rest of my father's, who's hand is grasping his now dead wife's hand.

I look over to see my 12 year old brother Alex crying out to me from my family's leather couch. He, I'm guessing, along with my sister and I, are the only people in the house who are not yet dead on the floor. His hands are tied also, along with his feet, which are bare, and probably awfully cold.My sister Samantha, if not dead, is unconscious sitting on the floor in front of him.For a little bit of what seems like ten minutes, there is chaos. Alex is screaming and crying,  I'm hoping that Samantha will wake up, while also simultaneously screaming and crying over my pale white, cold parents, and my neighbor Tyler Cannon burst through the front door announcing that he has called the police and everything is going to be fine...Until he sees my parents. Then, being Tyler, he faints. Nice going neighbor.

And then there's white, and a static noise, and sharp pain in my temple and whole head......And that's it before everything starts fading into back into it's original black darkness.